21. PEACH perfect

Start from the beginning

“Goodnight Christian.” Her words came out calm and comforting before she made her way off the car, shut the door and began treading her path towards the entrance into the mansion.

I watched as she kept walking, a strange feeling of sympathy slowly engulfing my being. Mentally, I shrugged it off as I looked away from her. Without wasting a moment more, I began driving, heading my way towards the gate.

Harieth

Almost at the entrance, I heard the engine of his car rev up a bit, tires screeching and I well knew he was on his way out as stated. I stopped and made a turn back. There, I watched till his car was no longer in sight. Only then did I let out another sigh and broaden up my smile.

“It’s just normal Harieth, just normal.”

I guess that sentence might have been enough for me to try and get my mind off whatever regarding Christian that have been troubling me lately. For the rest of the day, I busied myself with one thing or the other; jogging around the house, binge watching movies on Netflix, attempting to stalk the neighbours’ whereabouts which was pretty hard because almost everyone living in this estate seems to love being a ghost.

To find a soul on the street is like begging Santa Claus to let you catch a glimpse of him while he delivers gift at your home. It’s quite hard. Well, perhaps, since they’re all so rich and famous, security and privacy is their optimal goal. I guess that’s understandable so in the end, I drifted to another activity, anything to keep my mind from wondering too far.

I ate dinner alone while a part of me wished he would walk in any moment but that never happened so finished up and retired to bed without a word from him. There on the bed, I kept turning, unable to fall asleep. I took a glance at my phone and saw how late it was.

“Does he plan on spending the night at the office?” I questioned as I sat up at once.

I was so filled with worry to the extent that fact alone worried me. Why should I be worried about another human being? I’ve got the rule of my life planned out, never worry about another. I know, it’s pretty selfish but it has kept me going hale and hearty for a long time now.
My eyes shifted to my phone in my hand.

Do I call him?

Almost right away, I shook my head violently in disapproval with my own thought but less than a moment from that point, my eyes shifted back to my phone. This time, my gaze lingered on it.

Soon, it was in both hands, closer than before, my fingers itching to just fulfil my heart’s desire but I hesitated.
The sound of tires screeching and the engine of a car caught my attention. Without wasting a second more, I rushed to the window and caught sight of Christian driving into the compound.

A wide smile played out on my face and before I knew it, I was halfway across the room, hurrying towards the door. A hand on the door knob and I froze. The smile on my face slowly faded away.

What am I doing?

My hand dropped to my side as I turned away from the door. My heart ached in a way different from a medical condition. I felt sunken and ridiculous. I recalled all the moments my heart skipped a bit or threatened to jump out of my chest each time I’m by his side or from his very touch. I threw my back to the door behind me and slid down to the ground.

Finally... finally, I admit to myself that I... I’m falling in love with Christian Hendrix.

Christian

Once on the last staircase, I stopped for a moment and looked Harieth’s room direction which was opposite mine. I saw no sign of her since I stepped into the house so I guess she’s probably asleep and after letting out an exhausting exhale, I turned the other way and made my towards my room.