Both Trapped

Okay, I'm a bit confused...can someone please tell me how the second chapter of this story ends? Like the last sentence, because I don't think it has the last pages. Can someone help me on that?

Okay I got the second chapter fixed, enjoy what you had missed.

Anyway, I know I said that I wouldn't have updated this but I already had it written down so I typed it out and now here!

Enjoy!!!

~•~

The site didn't seem much to Shadow, just rubble with the annoying hedgehog picking at almost everything. The only thing the blue hedgehog hadn't touched was him, but Sonic knew better and he wanted to live another day, anyway. The dark hedgehog turned a corner, pretty shocked to see a stairwell leading down into a basement. Well, maybe? Shadow walked a couple of steps down, using his chaos energy as a light, seeing if he can catch what was down there and how down the basement was. The red eyes couldn't see even with his heightened senses. Shadow growled ready to take another step down, curiosity taking a hold on him.

"That is a loooong way down," A whistle echoed throughout the walls.

"Faker," Shadow growled making his chaos energy much brighter, finally noticing a couple of torches and lighting them up before facing Sonic," Watch your step."

Sonic felt weird when Shadow had told him to watch it, it just didn't settle on the speedy prankster. Usually he would say watch it to other people, not to Shadow through, since the elder hedgehog knew what he was doing. Emerald eyes catch the scratching on the walls once Shadow lit up about half the stairs, at least that's what Sonic thinks. The scratches looked like claws, like a poor animal had been dragged down against there will. Sonic walked closer to the wall and traces the marks. One look at Shadow showed that the black hedgehog noticed the marks as well.

"What are these marks?" Sonic asked, scared of knowing the answer.

He swore he has seen these marks before.

"It's scratches," Shadow answered," Probably from a bear or something, this place is pretty close to the forest."

Sonic couldn't quite believe that.

"Okay," Sonic jumped down the stairs, bounding up close to Shadow, who glared," What's next Mr. Grumpy?"

"We see what's down there," Shadow started to go deeper down, some things clicking into place, stairs creaking and moaning as they stepped on them.

His ear twitched when he heard Sonic gulp. Sonic quickly caught up to Shadow since he was quite blind without the light around. The torches burned out rather quickly since the chaos energy was not normal fire, burning the wood to ashes, leaving the chaos energy in Shadows hand the only light source.

"Uh, why?" Sonic asked.

"Didn't the guy say he was in a dungeon?" Shadow informed, holding his hand out more," This could be it."

Sonic nodded slowly, walking straight beside Shadow.

"Okay..."

"Don't worry, they probably moved the body," Shadow shrugged as if he didn't care about what lied ahead.

"That's reassuring," Sonic sarcastically said back, jumping down a couple of more stairs, making Shadow growl at the hedgehogs stupidity.

"Faker, you want to break your legs?" Shadow walked a few more steps and stopped near a hole in the stairs," Or fall to your death?"