thirty-five

We stand on the shore as Grey Worm brings out Varys in chains.

Varys betrayed Daenerys and now he must pay the price. 

Varys and Tyrion have a moment. I stand there trying to hold back my tears. 

I've known Varys my entire life. He saved me and Tyrion. He looks at me and I close my eyes nodding a little bit. I can't handle looking him in the eyes.

"Lord Varys," Daenerys says, "I, Daenerys of House Targaryen, Fire of My Name, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons...sentence you to die." Drogon comes out of the dark behind Daenerys, "Dracarys."

Drogon burns Varys with a loud roar. I fear a single tear stream down my face.

*

We arrive at Nothern's army camp.

I hear from a few men that they have captured Jaime Lannister. I'm able to sneak into his tent without anybody seeing.

"Scarlett..." he says surprised.

"What the fuck are you doing here? he doesn't respond, "You're supposed to be at Winterfell with Brienne...you came back for her, didn't you? After all my mother has done you still go back to her."

"Scarlett I..."

"You were happy Jaime. You were happy with Brienne. And you threw it all away for a woman who will never love you as much as you love her...I just- I really liked seeing you happy."

*

The Golden Company blocks the gates to King's Landing. 

Ser Davos, Jon, Grey Worm, Tyrion, and I stand on a rock behind our army. 

I look down at my stitched up hands from the last war I fought I don't know how ready I am to fight another. 

"If you hear the bells ring, they've surrendered," Tyrion says, "Call of your men."

Jon and I go down where our armies are to stand in the front lines.  I climb onto my horse.

We start to hear explosions in the distance they slowly get louder and louder. The whole wall to King's Landing falls. All of the Golden Company in front of the walls get crushed or burn to death.

I pull out my sword as my horse and I run with the Dothraki behind me.  The Unsullied are behind the Dothraki and behind the Unsullied in the Nothermen.

As we ride through the Lannister army. I stick out my sword I cut some men's throats others I cut off their heads. 

I leave my horse is a safe place. I go out to fight on feet. 

I walk with Jon, Davos, and Grey Worm. Helping them kill the last of the Lannister army. We run into a group of the Nothern army.

"Move," Jon says. In front of us is what is left of the Lannister army.

Daenerys and Drogon land on top of a building. Drogon roars loudly.  The fear is very present on the faces of the Lannister army.

A few moments pass by they begin to drop their swords. All we hear is the sound of their swords hitting the ground.

"Ring the bells!" men start to yell.

I don't know who does it but the bells begin to ring. We all feel a sense of relief. 

We won. They surrendered. But something just doesn't feel right. 

I look up at Daenerys, "Don't do it," I whisper. She files straight for the Red Keep during the innocents. The children. The only place I've ever called home. 

Grey Worm throws his spear at one of the men in front of us. The men behind us start to yell and run at the men who just surrendered. 

I run but not to kill. I run to the Red Keep that's about to be destroyed forever.

When I was younger I used to sneak into the city using a secret tunnel only I knew about.  

I remember the tunnel being a lot bigger. I climb into the tunnel before the fire can burn me. I run through the dark smelly tunnel. When I get to the other side I'm right outside the castle. Daenerys as yet to make her way to the castle so, for now, I'm safe.

I enter the castle and I run up three flights of stairs to get to my room. When I open the door to my room it's exactly the way I left it. I take a moment to enjoy being in my room for the last time. 

So many things happened here. 

My first kill.

Jaime gave me my sword.

I told Ned the truth about my family.

From below I hear people screaming as they burn to death. 

I open one of my drawers throwing all the clothes in it on the ground. I pull out my fathers crown.

flashback

I walk into my father's room where he's lying in the dead slowly dying. I sit down on a chair next to the bed.

He opens his eyes, "Scarlett," he says happy to see me.

"Hey," I say quietly trying not to cry.

"You know...you were always my favorite. I know we're not supposed to have favorites but you were always mine." I smile a teary smile, "Scarlett I need you to do me a favor."

"What is it?"

"No matter what it takes. No matter who you have to betray...or kill. Survive Scarlett. Survive." 

"I will."

"Good," he says before falling back asleep.

I look at the crown next to the bed. I grab it and run back to my room before anyone notices. 

end of flashback

The room begins to shake. I grab onto my dresser to keep my balance. I look out the window to see Daenerys is close. I grab a bag that was in my drawer. I throw it over my head and put the crown in there. 

I run back down the stairs bricks fall and the castle begins to rumble. I go through the tunnel back onto the burning city. When I exit the tunnel there's men, women, and children trying to run from the fires.

I try my best to save innocent people from being murdered. 

As I'm running I bump into Jon.

"Where have you been?" he asks.

"I had to get something before my home burnt down."

No matter how hard we try the killing just won't stop. 

Ash begins to fall from the sky. Buildings begin to fall. Jon and I do our best to dodge it all. 

Some of the smoke starts to turn green meaning that there was wildfire in those building.

Jon puts his sword back in his scabbard, "We need to fall back! Fall back behind the wall!"

"Fall back!" I yell.

"Get out of the city!" Jon and I walk through grabbing as many of our people as we can.

Ser Davos, Jon, and I run alongside each other with men behind us.