Tyler Time

I had to convince Damon that I was alright and able to sleep alone. Although I wanted to sleep with his arms around me, I hadn't told my mom where I was going and she would flip if I didn't return home. And I couldn't exactly have Damon sneak in because James was still on high alert. Damon pulled up at my house around 2 am. He parked in front of the house and cut the engine. We both turned to look at each other. For a moment, we were both just staring at each other in the dark, our breathing being the only sound to cut through the night.

"Shit Rose. I've never been able to do this so bear with me." Damon let the words tumble out of his mouth with a sigh. For a moment, I felt panic spike in my chest. All of my insecurities and fears rang hard. Was he about to break up with me? It sure sounded like it. Nobody starts a good sentence with 'shit'. But then I remembered he just told me he loved me. I let out a breath I didn't even know I had been holding in.

"Do what?" I asked. He grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips.

"I've always been able to keep my feelings right where I want them. With girls before, I was always able to keep things just physical. It's different with you. When I first saw you, I knew I had to have you. Your attitude, your voice, your body, it all called to me. I thought that I would be able to get you out of my head. But I couldn't. Then I thought that it must be desire. That if I could sleep with you, I could move on. But that just made me want you more. I've never been emotionally attached to someone. But I am with you. Every second of my day I want to be around you. I'm either thinking about you, or texting you, or whatever. I finally realized what you meant to me tonight. Fuck, I was scared out of my mind of you getting hurt. It made me realize how I need this to be. What I'm trying to say is, you make me complete. You make me whole. I don't want you to think I'm just saying things to use you. I'm not. God damnit Rose, I love you with my whole being. I want to be official, exclusive. Nobody else but you. You're mine." I pushed away a tear from my cheek. I realized that he's all I want. I've never had anyone care for me the way Damon does. Damon pulled my chin towards him and kissed me hard. We pulled back and rested our foreheads against each other's.

"Damon, you've had my heart for the minute you cornered me in that kitchen. I'm yours." Damon smiled this giant, boy-ish smile.

"Say it again."

"I'm yours." Damon let out a groan and kissed me again. This kiss was more bubbly. It was full of love and it would give any girl butterflies. He pulled away and cupped my face in his hands.

"What are you doing to me Rose?"

"The exact same thing you are doing to me.", I placed a kiss on the inside of his palm. "I have to go inside now." Damon let out an annoyed huff and I giggled.

"Fine, but tomorrow you're all mine."

"Yes Sir." Damon groaned again. I leaned over and kissed his cheek before opening the door. I hopped out and started to walk towards my house before Damon's voice stopped me.

"Hey." Damon has his window down and poked his head out.

"Yes?" I responded giggling back at him.

"I love you." I couldn't help the smile that spread on my face.

"I love you too." The smile that I got back made my legs turn to jelly. I quickly blew him a kiss before running up the driveway and into my house. Before I shut the door I turned around and waved at him. He waved right back. I skipped into the house and shut the door. I quickly had to remind myself that it was 2 in the morning and everyone in my house was asleep. If not, I would have been jumping up and down and dancing like a manic.

"Where were you?" Tyler's voice cause me to jump.

"Jesus you scared me. I was out. What are you doing up?" I crossed my arms over my chest and walked to where he was in the kitchen.