First Day

^The girl's first day outfits^

A shrill sound startled me awake. I sprung up fast, instantly regretting it when a pounding in my head thumped hard. I groaned and flopped back onto my pillows. I felt around in the bed for my phone. When my hand closed around the metallic rectangle I brought it up to my face to check the time. I was temporarily blinded by the bright light but when my eyes finally adjusted to reveal that it was 5:45 am. I groaned and threw my phone back on the bed. My school started at 7:45 and if I wanted to look somewhat presentable, I had to get up now. I rolled over and nudged Natalia awake. She had fallen asleep at the foot of the bed in the most awkward position.

"What could you possibly want at this ungodly hour?" Natalia groaned and rolled over.

"Get up sleeping beauty. We have school today."

"Fuck me." Kendall shouted out from the couch.

"I don't think Gabriel would like that." Natalia snickered back. Kendall threw a pillow at her in response.

After laughing at the girls, I pulled myself out of my warm bed and practically crawled to the bathroom. I gasped at my reflection. I looked horrible. My makeup from the previous night was smudged and I had raccoon eyes. My hair was tangled in a halo around my head and my dress was half unzipped and falling off my shoulders. I quickly stripped and started the shower. I washed myself with lavender hair products and rose body wash. I shaved my legs, making sure not to miss a hair. I stepped out of the shower around 6:10 and walked into my room. Natalia was wiping her makeup off and Kendall was aggressively pulling the knots from her hair with a brush. I walked into my closet and Natalia raced to the shower while Kendall yelled at her to be fast.

I picked out some black ripped jeans, a flowy off-the-shoulder white crop top, red Doc Martens, a black string choker, and gold hoops. Natalia got out of the shower and left it running so Kendall could run in.

I walked to the body length mirror with my makeup bag in my hand. I sat down and began doing my face. I had decided to let my skin breathe a little after being suffocated all night. I applied mascara, bronzer, highlight, and did my brows.

Just as I was about the begin on my hair, my phone let out another alarm telling me that I had to leave the house.

"Shit, guys we have to leave now" I cursed while throwing my still wet hair in a messy bun.

Natalia was wearing plaid yellow shorts and a matching crop top with black converse and a knit cardigan. Her hair was dried and left natural, which was curly. Her makeup was simple but glam.

Kendall was wearing white mom jeans with a baby blue body suit and stilettos. Her blonde hair was straightened and she didn't have any makeup on yet.

How the hell had I showered first but they both were more put together than me?

We grabbed our bags and ran out the door into my Jeep. The school was a fifteen minute drive away which gave us enough time to get to school and be in our seats before the bell rang. Kendall hopped in to front seat so she could do her makeup with the visor mirror.

Our school was an semi-outside building. The school was shaped like a square. The inside of the square was a courtyard. The entrance of the building led you to the courtyard. The courtyard had beautiful trees and lunch tables. Students were given an hour for lunch and were allowed to leave the building or bring their own. The outside of the square were classrooms. To get from class to class you had to used the outside hallways which was covered by and awning in case of rain and were lined with lockers and classroom doors.

When we got to school, we quickly downloaded our schedules. When mine popped up on my phone, I smiled at my first class.

Although I never put work into any of my classes, there was one exception. Biology. I had always loved biology ever since I was young. I want to be a marine biologist when I get older. This resulted in me being placed in AP Bio as a sophomore.

The girls and I compared our schedules and saw that we had math, lunch, home room, and study hall together. This meant that I would have English, Wold History, Biology, and musical theatre by myself.

We walked to home room and were given the same speech that we had to sit threw every year. Come to school on time, be respectful, don't use phones during class, blah blah blah. Natalia, Kendall, and I pretty much just talked through the whole thing.

Next, I went to Biology. I was so excited. The Biology teacher and I were pretty close. Her name was Mrs. Dixon. She was a middle aged women who was so motherly. I had taken her Earth Science class last year where we bonded. She talked to me every day and seemed to fill a void my own mother had caused.

"Rose, I'm glad to see you decided to take this class." She called to me when I reached her class. She pulled me into a tight hug which brought a smile to my face.

"You know I have to take a class with you every year or else I'll go crazy." I responded which cause her to laugh.

"Well I'm afraid you're the youngest one here." She told me with a sad smile on her face.

"That means I'm definitely the smartest one here." I told her which cause her to smack my arm playfully and discreetly nod her head.

The bell rung and I found my assigned seat. I placed my bag down when I heard a familiar voice.

"I didn't know you had brains." Damon's voice cause a chill to race down my back. I whipped my head around to look at him. He was wearing dark jeans and a fitted black shirt with checkered vans.

"Funny seeing you here. Let me know if you ever need a tutor." I snarkly responded back. He chuckled and ran a hand threw his hair.

"I see you still have that mouth even when you're not drunk. Speaking of which, how's your head?"

"I haven't had any complaints yet." I smiled which cause him to look sort of mad. He opened his mouth to respond when Mrs. Dixon began class. She assigned us a worksheet to see what we knew already.

A little while into class she began talking again.

"I know it's the first day, but this is a college level course so we must work hard and fast. This means I am assigning a project due at the end of this week. All you have to do if find a topic you are passionate about that is related to biology. Create a poster and you will be presenting these to the class." This resulted in groans from the class. It wasn't the worst project ever and I love biology so it wouldn't be awful. Just when I thought she was done she began to speak again.

"You have to work with the person next to you. Work on it after class because you will not be given class time." Damon smirked at me.

Damon was next to me.

Fuck.

"You may talk to your partner now to organize arrangements to work on it." Mrs. Dixon turned her attention back to her computer and the class began to talk amongst themselves.

"Well partner, you'll come over to my house today after school." He told me all to cocky.

"And if I have plans today?" I responded with a cocked brow.

"Then you'll cancel them." I laughed at his response.

"You can't tell me what to do."

"I'm pretty sure I can. After what how you responded to me last night, I know you want me to tell you what to do." My breath caught in my throat and Damon smiled as my cheeks turned bright red. The bell rung and Damon got up and left.

The rest of the day went by too fast and before I knew it I was on my way to Damon's house. He had gotten my phone number from James and texted me his address. I had to promise myself that I would just work on the project and leave. I could not do anything with him no matter how much I wanted too.

When I got to his door step, he opened to door shirtless and in sweatpants. His rock hard abs were on display. His sweatpants hung deliciously low giving me a gorgeous view of his v-line.

This was going to be much harder than I thought.