l i t t l e b o y ✓

SHE KNEW something wasn't right the moment she met him.

The way he constantly glanced around, as if expecting someone or something to jump up out of nowhere and attack him.

Or the way he twitched and panicked a little when their skin made brief contact.

He couldn't even look her in the eyes, afraid of exposing himself if he dared to look straight into those beautiful gold, gleaming eyes.

When she asked him about his strange behaviour, he merely shrugged, brushing the topic off, obviously not wanting to talk about it.

She respected it and never came on to the topic again.

Done talking about her family and asking how his family was, he began to panic. She quickly assured him he didn't have to inform unless he was comfortable with it.

And he didn't, which she also respected.

But, curiosity always got her into trouble, which she was known for. She couldn't help it. She never really minded the troubles she got into because of it.

➳➳➳

After exchanging quick goodbyes, he anxiously ran back home, hoping his mother wouldn't be too hard on him for being a minute late. He despised it when she was too hard on him.

She watched him run, slowly counting in her head before she would do the same.

Gone.

She ran the same way he did. He didn't know that she knew where he lived. She didn't see it as important to tell him anyway, for he would probably flip out.

Stopping by their house, she followed the noises she had heard. Finding out where the noises had come from, she peeked through the kitchen window, having a great view of the well-organized kitchen.

'Tom!' she thought when she spotted him kneeling down on the wooden floor, seeming to be begging for forgiveness.

In front of him, looking at him with pure hatred and disappointment, was his mother. 'No wonder he never talks about her', she thought.

"Please, mother, please!"

"I told you a million times! And you still broke the rule! A million times, Tom!"

"Please!" He looked absolutely awful. He was trembling with fear, already sweating, tears streaming down his face.

She wanted to stop the monster also known as his mother and put an end to it. But she couldn't. She would get herself in trouble and make everything worse, for her and Tom.

"You know what happens when you disobey my rules, Tom," her voice, sharp as a knife, gave her goosebumps, "You know what happens."

His dark brown eyes went wide. Shaking his head, not wanting to go through it again, he stood up and inched slowly away from her.

"No. Please, don't," he sobbed quietly, "Mother, I beg you."

She couldn't believe her eyes what happened next. She tried to erase the image, not to think of it. But, the moment his eyes lost its light. . . how could she not think of it? It never left her, it was always there.

She didn't ask anymore or tried to force things out of peoples mouths. She stopped allowing curiosity to get the best out of her.

For she had learned her lesson.