“No, no, it’ll be too much.” She drawls and turns the door handle.

“Ruby wait, what do you need help with?” I query, her hand opens the door with a creak, but turns her head towards me. “Well…you know my dad’s car showroom?”

I nod at her and she tucks her hair behind her ear. “There’s been a problem down there and I wondered if you could go there in about…half an hour?” she said checking her watch.

“What’s the problem?”

“I really have to leave; if you go down there everything will be explained.”

I shrug and tell her I’ll be there soon. She leans in for a hug and leaves when I remember that I needed to pack up and get to Isabelle’s. Even though I’m in a rush, the door opens again and my Uncle shows up, his long straight face, the dark hair, and gleaming eyes.

“Nephew, how are you?” he chimes and I don’t say anything. I grab my phone and shove it in my pocket. “I need to ask you a huge favour, Nathan. There’s been some dilemma down at Daniel’s Car Showroom and I need you to come down with me right away.” He says eagerly and before I could protest he put a hand on my back and guided me out.

“Uncle, I need to go see Isabelle, and I said I’d go there a bit later anyway” I say but he waves his hand a tuts.

“Nathan, you can see her anytime, and it’s better if you go earlier.” We rush out the entrance and I’m steered to Uncle Alan’s BMW. I reluctantly get in and he starts the car, driving towards the Car Showroom.

***

-Isabelle Blake-

“You’re telling them?” Caroline yells through the phone and I distance the phone from my ear. I bring it back and sigh, “Yes, didn’t I just say that. I will as soon as Nathan gets here.”

“Well it’s about time,” Caroline drawls and I hear some yells in the background. “Damn, Mom’s going crazy. I’ll call later and tell me how it goes.” Before I could answer, she had hung up and I lazily threw my phone to the side on my bed. My heart was pounding and I wondered if Nathan would arrive soon. I’m definitely going to tell them. I’d sit them down and tell them slowly and probably a way they’d understand.

“BELLE!” I jumped when I heard my mom yell up the stairs. I swallowed my saliva and went to my door. “What is it?” I call back. I wait a couple of seconds before she replies. “A friend’s here to see you.”

I furrow my eye brows and wander to the stop of the stares, curiously listening for a voice.

“Me and Isabelle are friends, I was there when she and Nathan got married,” I heard a familiar voice say and my heart stopped, eyes widened and my breathing seized.

“What are you talking about?” I hear my mom say and I but my lip and I felt as if all the air was knocked out of my lungs and my limbs were frozen. I couldn’t move.