Chapter Ten

—————

—————

After I rested against the wall for a few minutes, I made my way to the nearest bathroom. I opened up the cabinets and searched for any alcohol to disinfect the wound. The bleeding had definitely slowed. I grabbed a towel and drenched it in water. I wiped down my blood covered arm and scratch. It was deeper than it looked and stung when touched.

Once my arm was mostly clean, I climbed into the bath tub and started to pour the alcohol onto the cut. I really didn't think it was going to hurt that much. Pain seered through my arm and I let out a few whimpers. It wasn't enough though. I only poured a few teaspoons.

This time, I put a rag in my mouth and did it again, pouring a lot more than needed. Once again, it felt as if my arm was on fire from the inside. I wasn't expecting to find any, but I found gaz. I spit out the towel and wrapped it around my upper arm.

I was about to get out when suddenly I had an overwhelming dizzy sensation and got light headed. Next thing I know, everything turned black.

------

I awoke to my head pounding just a few minutes later. The only reason I know that is because certainly someone would have come looking for me if I was gone longer than 20 to 30 minutes. My head was throbbing and I suddenly felt sick. I crawled over to the toilet and puked. Maybe it was lack of food and water plus also losing blood. I'm not a doctor so I really don't know why I passed out.

I moved to stand up but my arm flared with pain. I looked at it to see the bandage soaked in blood. I removed the gaz, cleaned the scratch with water, and rebandaged my arm. It didn't hurt as bad as before, but it was still throbbing.

I opened the bathroom door and crept down the stairs. I stopped when I heard talking. I crouched down and peered over the railing. My eyes widened when I saw Jake, tied up, being dragged into the basement by two aliens. Before I could run to help him, they shut the door. It made me stop and think. I couldn't go in there by myself. What if I ended up like Jake too? That wouldn't help anyone.

I opened the front door and ran outside. Where was everyone? I couldn't find anyone at first but then I heard yelling. I whipped my head to the left to see everyone sitting at the tables outside by the pool.

Ricky was there. And he was stealing Hannah's backpack with Snuggs in it.

One of the twins was controlling Nana as I finally made it to them. Tom unexpectedly embraced me into a hug. "Tom, they have Jake," I said into his ear. He let go and stepped back to look at me.

"What?"

"When I was coming downstairs I saw Jake being hauled into the basement by the aliens," I explained.

"Well Ricky took Snuggs. We gotta go get them."

-----

We entered the house to see Ricky throw the backpack into the basement. He then locked the door and literally swallowed the key.