Chapter 5: Confrontation

Romaine's POV

Usain and I headed back to the lab, which is under his house. "Magnet Man" I said while approaching Cassandra. I wasn't happy. Especially because on the run here the shoes finally burned out. My feet were aching now. I took off the useless shoe and then tossed them to her. Usain arrived not too long after and changed out of his suit.

"We need to find Magnet Man. Now." I dictated.

"'Magnet Man' sounds like a childish name" Cassandra pointed out.

"I don't see you coming up with anything better." I responded.

She rolled her eyes and walked over to her computer. "I can hack into a satellite and scan the city for any abnormalities in the magnetic field." She informed us.

After a while of watching her type and stare at the screen, she brought up an image of the city on the side screen. "I found a moving abnormality. I tagged it as Magnet Man. It's heading to BayWest Shopping Plaza Downtown. You can head it off if you go pass Howard Cooke Boulevard."

"Got it. Let's go Usain." I prompted

"Wait up speedy," Cassandra stopped me, "here's a replacement for the shoes you burned out. They're not as strong, but they'll do for now."

I put on the shoes and signalled to Usain that we should go now. While we were running, the rays of the sun were glistening off of Usain's bright, golden suit. The material of it looks like latex, but I knew it wasn't.

After we exited Bogue Hills, we took a sharp left and ran past Fairview. After that, we took a right at the intersection after the bank and went straight down the Howard Cooke Boulevard. When we reached to the intersection past the Tax Office, we turned right again arriving at the BayWest Shopping Plaza.

I spotted him in a right away. With this magnetic forcefield thing around him. People were evacuating the area, and I don't blame 'em.

I decided to head in before Usain. I ran after him with my right fist ready to pound him. By time his brain recognized that I had arrived, he needed not lift a finger, the magnetic forcefield seemed to emit this pulse wave, and when that made contact with my body, I was about 20 meters away lying on the ground.

"Cas'! Anytime now!" I heard Usain say to his communicator.

"I'm coming dad!" She replied.

After Abit of waiting she finally informed us, "Ok! I have an idea to take out his magnetic protection field."

"Tell away." I responded to her while getting up.

"Run straight toward him."

"What?! That's insane. The shei~" I was interupted

"Just do it! Make sure that you're running at 360kmph! And when you're precisely half a meter away from him, make a 180° turn and run away."

"Alright I'll try."

"Dad, come back to the lab, I need you for something."

"You got it Cas'." Usain replied

I ran straight for Magnet Man at my current max speed, 360kmph. When I was close to him, I used my judgement to decide whether I was close enough, then I made a 180 turn as quick as possible.

When I did, what I can only describe as a massive shockwave was produced. It was powerful enough that it caught up to me and threw me over.

I lifted my head to see Magnet Man, he was lying on the floor, he didn't look too good though.

As quick as I blinked, Usain ran in and did something like taking a blood sample of him then swooped him up and ran back to the lab.

I sprung up and escaped from all the cameras that the bystanders were using on their phones.