Ch. 3 That's What It Is

Harry's POV

So I was just happily sleeping in my room when I heard someone coughing in the other room. It was probably Niall. He was complaining yesterday that he was sick and no one believed him but I guess we were all wrong. He sounded really sick. I could hear him blow his nose every 2 minutes.

And I was quite surprised because I am a very heavy sleeper and with the fact that someone could wake me up with coughing worried me. I quickly got up with my messy hair and made my way to Niall's room.

On my way, I saw Zayn walking to the kitchen. "Morning." I said walking by him. "Huh?" he said not even knowing who I was. "Morning." I said again this time turning around to look at him. "Oh yeah. You too." he said. I wasn't surprised. Zayn was always out of it in the morning. And sometimes he was worse than this.

I knocked on Nialls door. I didn't hear anything so I just walked straight in. "Hey." I said as I waked in. "Hey." Niall said in a very hoarsely whispered voice. "Oh. Your voice. You sound pretty bad." I said going to sit on his bed. That's when I realized how sick Niall was.

As I went closer to his bed the more tissues I saw. Then he started coughing loudly again. Niall then again was doubled over from the severity of it. "You ok?" I asked. He didn't even answer. Instead he just continued coughing in his elbow. I decided to walk over to him and rub his back to help him.

Zayn then walked in. He had a glass of sprite in his hand. "Is he ok?" Zayn asked looking at Niall suffering from his coughing. "I'm guessing not." I said back. Niall finally stopped coughing but he looked so weak. "Here ya go Niall." Zayn said handing him the sprite.

Niall could barely get up to recieve it. He was so weak but he drank it thankfully. "Thanks." Niall said barely speaking. "Don't speak. You'll completely lose your voice." Zayn suggested. Niall just nodded. He decided if he needed anything he'll text us. "How bad are ya feeling?" I asked.

He texted me back: "I feel cold and dizzy and my throat hurts really badly. I really done feel good." Niall responded. It sucked seeing our little lepricon sick. Zayn cuddled into Niall telling his everything's gonna be alright. Zayn felt his forehead after, "I think you have a fever Ni." Zayn said. "Want me to get the thermometer?" I asked. "Thanks Haz." Zayn said thankfully. I then left to go get the thermometer for Niall.

Zayns POV

I told Harry to get a thermometer because I wanted to check if Niall had a fever. I'm pretty sure he did, but I told myself just to check to be sure. If it shows that Niall has a fever, I'm gonna call a doctor in to check on him.

"Sorry this happened to you." I said beginning to cuddle Niall up. He looked so miserable and his eyes were bloodshot from his constant swallowing and coughing. It hurt his throat every time. Niall: "It's ok. It's no ones fault." He was so sweet. I decided to cuddle him in closer and stated playing with his curls.

Then Harry entered the room with the thermometer. I quickly took Nialls temperature. That was some high numbers. 103.2 was his fever. "Haz can you watch Niall. I'm gonna call Paul to get a doctor." "Sure." he said.

So I called the doctor and told him Nialls symptoms. He said he'll be there in 2 hours. So within these 2 hours, I just had to keep Niall comfortable and calm.

I walked back into the room with a cold rag to put on Nialls forehead and I also got some lozenges for him. "Here. This is for your head and throat." I said giving him a lozenge and a rag. As I put the rag on his forehead he took it off and started shivering. "I'm cold." he texted me. "I know but you have a high fever so you're gonna have to stay cool." I said.

He just took the lozenge and the rag after. He was too tired to argue. Then I saw him looking around for something. "What are ya looking for Ni." I said. "Tissues." he texted me. "I'll go and get some." Harry offered. "Thanks Haz." I said as he walked out.

Narraration:

So as Harry walked out to get a box of tissues he saw Liam and Louis walking towards him. "How's Nialler." Liam asked. "Not doing that good. He's way worse than yesterday and he can't stop coughing. But Zayn called a doctor and he's coming in about 2 hours." Harry said back.

Liam felt very sad because he knew it was his fault why Niall was so sick. Had he listened to when Niall was complaining about his cold which now got way worse, Niall could have gotten better faster. But at least it was off day. The boys got a break to relax from everything and that was good for Niall because he was pretty sick.

The boys told Niall to get some sleep because of how tired looking he was. They also thought he might feel better after it. So that's exactly what Niall did. He slept until the doctor came at their door.

Liam's POV

So we were watching some TV while Niall was sleeping so we could wait for the doctor to come here. Then we heard a knock at the door. He was finally here. I burst with excitement as I ran to the door and let him in. I was so glad the doctor was here to tell us if he was ok.

So all of us walked in to Nialls room. Louis woke up Niall. "Hey Nialler. Wake up." Louis said calmly while gently shaking him awake. Niall finally got up letting out a cough before. "Hello I am Dr. Delila and I'm your doctor." she said while putting in her gloves. "Hello Dr. Delila we all said.

"Hello." Niall said hoarsely. "Hello Niall. You don't need to talk or else you'll lose your voice." she suggested. Niall shook his head as a response. Zayn decided to go beside Niall and cuddle him on the bed to make him confertable. "So what are the symptoms?" she asked. "He's cold but has a fever, he has a runny nose, his throat is hurting, and he can never stop coughing." I said.

She suggested we wait in the living room while she does a couple of tests and asks him some questions. She let one of us stay though. I told Zayn he could stay. Niall looked very comfortable around Zayn and I didn't want to disrupt anything. So we all left the room and watched TV.

After a couple of tests were done we were called back in the room. She luckily got some results. "Ok guys. So from what I know Niall had a cold that went untreated for a few days. Right?" "Right." we all said back. "Well from all of those untreated days he seemed to have developed pneumonia. But thankfully it is a very mild case because it has just developed this morning. You will need to give him about 2-3 weeks of rest for his body and I will give you some medicine for him." she said.

I felt so bad for Niall. I caused this and now he had pneumonia. Thankfully it was very mild but I still felt like a jerk. "Thanks so much." I said before she left. "You're welcome. I hope you feel better Niall. You were a great patient." she said while walking out. He gave her a thumbs up as she left.

"I'm so sorry Niall." I said about to cry. "It's ok. We all make mistakes." he texted me back. We all hugged him after wishing him well. He suddenly let go of us and went into another coughing fit. Zayn rubbed his back, Louis got the sprite, Harry got the lozenges while I rubbed his back too.

I called Paul and told him the news. We took about 2 weeks off while doing little things like thinking of songs in our room and giving Niall his medicine. It was a very friendly week. Then we started doing minor things as Niall got rid of his sickness.

We still couldn't do much due to Nialls fever and constant cough attacks but we weren't gonna leave him there. Within a few weeks he got better and we were glad to have him back. Now that's what friends are for.