Chapter 3: Graduation - 3

Start from the beginning

FLASHBACK START

A ten year old Naruto stood in the middle of the large field that made up training ground 33. It was his birthday today, but instead of going out with his friends Kakashi had made him come to this place.

So he went, and waited. For hours. It took Kakashi three wholen hours to step into the field, where he found Naruto practicing the Substitution jutsu. Kakashi shook his head, it was just like Naruto to be training.

"Yo." The white haired jonin.

"Kakashi, hey." Naruto spun around, "So what am I learning today?"

"We're going to test your chakra nature." The jonin said, "I know that you aren't supposed to learn this until you make chunin but you're talented enough to start now." Kakashi didn't want the boy to know that it was only because of his father that he was learning this early.

"So I'll get to learn some kick-ass jutsu?" Naruto asked.

Kakashi shook his head, "Not just yet." He saw the excitement drain out of Naruto's face and quickly added, "You'll start on your way to learning them though."

Naruto's smile came back instantly, "So what do I have to do?" He asked.

Kakashi removed a piece of paper from his kunai pouch, "Just channel some chakra into this."

Naruto took the paper and channeled his chakra into it. The paper crinkled slightly, crumbled at the edges, burnt a little, got soggy in the middle and then was ripped to shreds.

"What does that mean?" Naruto asked.

"It means that you have minor affinities for Earth, Lightning, Water, and Fire and an extremely powerful affinity for Wind." Kakashi said, he was impressed. Even the Hokage didn't have minor affinities for everything at the age of ten, he had to work on that himself after he mastered his major affinity.

"So I can do all of the jutsu?" Naruto asked.

"In a sense, unless it's a kekkei genkai or hijutsu." Kakashi said, "We'll work on your Wind first, with water after that and fire after that. Then you can choose what to learn on your own."

"Sweet let's start!" Naruto shouted. He and Kakashi immediately started training, learning the Wind Style: Blast jutsu, and E-Rank wind style jutsu that didn't have much use other than training a person's affinity.

FLASHBACK END

Naruto shook his head. He looked down and covered his hand in electricity. He had learnt an E-Rank jutsu of each nature but hadn't even begun to master them. He was obviously best at Wind Style, with Water Style coming in a close second. Once he was proficient in both he was going to start on Lightning and Fire Style, saving Earth Style for last.

Naruto looked at the trees surrounding the clearing. The trees in Fire country were huge, with the tallest being over four hundred feet tall and thick enough to fit a house.

Dragon, Tiger, Hare "Water Style" Raging Waves!" Naruto fired a stream of water into a medium sized tree -about seventy feet tall with a ten foot diameter. The stream pierced the bark and dug into the tree about half a foot.

"Not good enough." Naruto continued his assault, taking another fourteen tried to get through the center. Naruto turned towards another tree and blasted a jet of water from his mouth again.

Naruto stood in the center of training ground 7, tapping his foot.

"Would you stop that?" Sasuke asked, looking up from a scroll he was reading.

Naruto stopped for a second. "Would you stop that?" The blond mocked, then started tapping his foot once more.

Sasuke rolled up his scroll and stood up, walking further away to a tree on the edge of the clearing.

Naruto's eyes lit up as he saw an opportunity to practice his Earth manipulation. He focussed his chakra into the ground and sent a line towards Sasuke, creating a large circle around the boy about a foot deep.

"Earth Style: Pit Trap." He whispered, sending the intent to rip open through the ground. And it worked! A little. There had been a small indent right under Sasuke, but not big enough to bother the Uchiha... Too much.

"Dobe. Try again and I'll kick your ass." Sasuke glared at Naruto.

"Try it Teme. You'd last maybe a minute." Naruto responded, holding up a single finger as if to validate his statement.

Sasuke stood up, rolling his scroll and placing it in his kunai pouch. He flicked his wrists and a kunai was in either hand instantly.

Naruto slipped into his favourite Taijutsu stance and eyed his teammate. It wasn't even a week ago that the three of them worked like a well oiled machine and managed to take Kakashi by surprise -even if the jonin was holding back. A LOT- it still took some semblance of comradery to do something like that.

A mental head shake got Naruto's thoughts into the present. He could think about the puzzle that was Sasuke Uchiha after he kicked said puzzle to next Tuesday.

"NARUTO!" Ino's shriek echoed through the clearing. The blonde angrily stormed in between the boys and looked him dead in the eyes, "You'd best stop this nonsense. NOW! Kakashi-sensei is going to be here in fifteen minutes and I'm NOT! I repeat NOT going to do punishment laps again because you two are too prissy to admit that you're friends."

"We aren't friends. He's annoying and I'm going to kick his ass." Sasuke said matter-of-factly.

"Ya right Teme. We just went through this, I'm stronger." Naruto said, poking his head from around Ino to glare at Sasuke.

Ino huffed, threw her arms up and let them flail down, and stomped away while muttering to herself about testosterone and assholes. Naruto made a mental note apologise later. Right now he had a fight to win.

"Maa maa. What do we have here?" Kakashi's voice rang out. "I thought I told you two no more fighting."

Sasuke's eyes widened and he sighed, moving to the edge of the clearing and started jogging. Best to take the punishment without complaints.

"I'm not doing the punishment run." Naruto said with crossed arms, "He started it."

"Who's the one who tried to open a pit trap?" Kakashi asked with a raised eyebrow.

Naruto failed at suppressing his smirk, "It wasn't multiscious... wrong word... I didn't try and be mean. I was... I was testing to see if he had situational awareness." Naruto said with a nod, as if proud of his excuse.

"Double laps." Kakashi said.

Naruto's jaw hit the floor, "WHY?"

"Because you suck at lying."

So I know this is kinda short for a return chapter but the rest should be longer, though I won't give specifics I will say the longest I've written is a little over 15k words and takes place in the next arc.

Anyways, I hope you all liked it. This chapter brings the Graduation Arc to a close meaning that next is the Wave Arc. I've decided that instead of having the story on hiatus I'm going to update an arc at a time, so whenever I finish the Wave Arc (Which I hope is satisfactory) I'll be posting a chapter a day until it's done, and then I'll start writing the third arc of the story. If any of you have any questions pertaining to updates or anything don't hesitate to PM me, I try and do my best to respond within a day of getting a message, with the exception being Saturdays, where you'll probably have to wait until Monday for a response.

END CHAPTER 3