5

First thing was first. They had to figure out exactly what Potter had done to cause a severe sub drop to his Draco. It was obviously something large, but they had to figure out what exactly it was. Question was, how to do that? Because it would be risky to ask Draco, considering it could trigger another drop, and Tom really did not want to do that, mostly because he did not want to deal with it (Or at least, that was what he told himself anyways).

The next morning, Tom knew that it was going to be difficult when, upon trying to wake him, Draco gasped, inhaling large lungfuls of air. He refused to release the boy, despite the struggling. He firmly held him down, keeping a grip as strong as iron. He waited, calmly, until Draco finally calmed himself down enough so that he was able to let go, without worrying what Draco may do to himself, or anything around him.

"Draco, dear," Tom said. Draco jumped up, and looked at Tom with wide open eyes. Tom smiled slightly. "How are you feeling?" He questioned with a slight head tilt as he gazed at the other. After all, he had had a rather large sub drop the day before, which had lasted practically all day, and it was not uncommon for things like that to cause intense fear and other dangerous things when one thought over the fact that they were supposed to be wandering around the castle that day, and attending classes. First impressions were important and the first day of class could really set the tone for the rest of the year. Tom wanted to make sure that Draco was alright.

"I am fine." Tom just stopped and stared at him blankly. The expression showed that he knew that Draco knew that that was complete bullshit, and that he knew that Draco knew that he knew that would never fly. He disliked it when Draco said things or tried to pretend things were fine when they were not. Barring that it was a dangerous habit to get into as it could lead to the other hiding information from him. 

"Fine," Draco sighed, conceded. He would never manage to trick Tom. Tom smirked with a good feeling of joy. "I feel a bit, jittery. But that is normal for me, especially before the first day of classes." He said hastily. He did not want Tom to over react. Tom narrowed his eyes.

"Hmm, and what else?" He prodded. There was more to what was going on, and he knew it. He also knew Draco well enough that he knew when the other was trying to avoid something. 

"What do you mean what else? You asked what I was feeling and I told you." Tom huffed in an amused laugh. The boy was much better at avoiding to answer commands by finding nuances or loopholes in the orders than Severus had out right said. He would have to be careful with him. After all, the child was clearly highly intelligent.

"Draco, you are not going to play me like this and you know it. It is not going to work." Tom said. "Now," He watched as Draco's expression narrowed at the challenge. "Either you can tell me and we can leave here sooner rather than later."

"Or?" Draco pressed. Tom sighed. He knew that this was going to be a little bit harder than normal, but even still, he disliked this attitude that Draco was showing. Minimal was fine, but this was getting ridiculous.

"Or I can force the answer from you." He stated simply, turning to gaze at Draco with an air of seriousness. "Now, I do not want to have to do that. I do not want to have to order you to tell me what I want to know, but I will. Should that not work, I will invade your mind." Draco sighed, and flopped down on the bed, arms crossed. He knew that Tom was telling the truth, which was the most annoying part. 

"Fine. I am a bit jittery, and nervous, and perhaps skittish, but I am fine. Okay? Fine!" Draco said. Suddenly his eyes snapped up towards Tom, and he lowered his eyes once more. Anguish filling his features at his tone that he had used. It was the Natural Submissive within him, telling him that he did something wrong. Tom knew that he would soon be begging forgiveness. In fact, Tom could count it down. That was how often that the boy apologized.

One, he began in his mind. Two, three, and....here we are.

"I am sorry." Draco said, voice trembling. Tom sighed heavily. Right on time. He though sadly. "I really am, please don't be mad!" Draco's eyes were filling with unshed tears. Tom walked over, and Draco cowered down in fear. Tom rolled his eyes and squatted down next to Draco's shaking form.

"Draco, look at me." He ordered. Draco's eyes instantly snapped up to Tom's. "Although I dislike your tone with which you addressed me." Draco whimpered in silent apology. "I understand. It is going to take you a good few hours of being awake, to get back to normal. You had an extremely severe drop yesterday." Draco whined again.

"Sorry," He muttered under his breath.

"No." Tom said sternly causing Draco to flinch from the tone of voice he used. "There is nothing for you to apologize for, and if you do it again, I will not be happy. It is not your fault that you dealt with a Drop, and nor is it your fault that you are unstable right now. Do you understand what I am speaking to you right now?"

"Yes, my Lord." Draco said quietly. Tom mentally groaned. The boy was so nervous in his presence. He would have to fix that, of course, because that most certainly would not do. He could not have the child terrified of him, as he was now. He understood why, of course he did. But he did not want Draco so scared of him. Wary of him, yes. Nervous around him. Yes. Perhaps a tad scared of him. Sure. But terrified? No. It compromised his thinking process to the point where he would do literally almost anything to please him. That is not what Tom wanted from his Submissive. No. he wanted him scared of him, but not nearly this much.

"Draco, I am not angry with you. You just barely woke up, from having almost an entire day of dealing with a Sub Drop. Not that it was your fault, because it most certainly was not. I want you to know that, okay? I will never be angry with you when you are emotionally compromised."

"Promise?" Draco asked, delicate blue eyes looking up at him vulnerably. Tom gave a slight smile as he looked at the Malfoy Heir.

"I promise." Draco inhaled, calming himself, trying to keep his breathing level.

"Alright."

"Now," Tom continued. "I want to know what happened." Draco's eyes widened and his breathing caught. Tom knew right away that Draco would be incapable of telling him anything. Not without throwing himself into another attack. Not something Tom was willing to risk.

"Alright, alright. It is fine, you do not have to tell me. It is alright." He said, soothing the child, as he gripped Tom desperately. Tom growled within his mind. The beast roaring to get out. He would destroy the Trio, and everything that they stood for. He vowed mentally.