3

Tom soon had Draco fast asleep against him, which gave him enough time to truly feel out the Slytherins in front of him. From what he could gather, they seemed to be some of Draco's closest confidants, which would certainly come in handy later. He would need to gain their trust before anything else, and if he could gain their trust, which he knew he already was in the makings of obtaining, he would be able to proceed with things much faster. Furthermore, it would seem as though once he managed to gain their loyalty, they would follow him no matter where he would lead. It was the type of followers that he needed, not ones such as Lucius Malfoy. The man was a coward, yes, but a dangerous one nonetheless. Tom knew it would not do well to slight the man, not yet, but he was making his own plans, for now he just had to try and keep Draco away from the elder as much as possible. 

Blaise and Pansy seemed to be in awe, from what he could tell. It would seem that certain instincts were lost from his time to this one. He knew that Natures True Kin was rare, Submissives and Dominants, Alphas and Omegas, they were not the easiest of creatures to find, but even still it seemed...a rather large lack of understanding from what he managed to gather. It disconcerted him quite a lot.

"How do you manage that?" Pansy blurted out. She could not help it. She was curious. Incredibly so. Most took a lot of effort to try and help Draco out of a panic attack, and because of that it took a lot out of them. She understood why, but even still, the Dark Lord's son seemed to have no problems whatsoever. She was somewhat jealous of the ease with which he found himself with Draco. Of course, Pansy knew that the Slytherins had been doing what they could. They managed, most of the time, of course, but it was still very difficult. The fact that this Tom character managed it so simply, well, she was jealous. She knew that she had no reason to be, of course, but she was. It was in her blood.

"Hmm?" Tom asked, looking up at her.

"Get him so...calm. He seems to be at complete ease with you. I just...I was curious." She said. It would not do to show her jealousy. It would make her seem petty. Even though she just KNEW that Blaise was feeling the exact same. In fact, she would bet that most of the Slytherins would feel that way once they found out about this.

"It is biological." Was Tom's cryptic answer.

"Biological?" Blaise cut in, questioning him once again. Tom gave him a slightly frigid glare, leaving Blaise to lift his hands in a motion of surrender. He had not meant to cross a line, though what he had done wrong baffled him. 

"Yes." Blaise looked slightly skeptical at that but was not sure that he should continue with his questions. As much as he may not quite look it, Blaise knew any relative of the Dark Lord was quite dangerous, and he would not want to get on his wrong side, particularly with Draco currently saddled in his arms.

"Oh, you mean you are his mate." Pansy said, eyes gleaming, as she clapped her hands in joy. Her eyes were sparkling as she stated this and Blaise merely turned to her, confusion warring with frustration. He knew that Italy was complicated and that his family was, well less than conventional, but he could not help but admit that this lack of nuanced information that the other purebloods seemed to have was frustrating at times. 

"Woah, hold it, explain please." Blaise said, hands up to stop the conversation.

"What do you mean explain?" Pansy questioned.

"Mate? What the hell is a mate?" He asked, his tone implying his frustration quite well. Pansy sighed, she should have figured that Blaise may not know. 

"Someone you are destined to be with, a compatible person. There are several types. You would have to be more specific." Tom said from his seat on the floor, with Draco in arm.

"More specific...Are you serious? I..." 

"What kind of Mate is Draco to you?" Pansy interrupted, annoying Blaise, and causing him to send her a heated glare. Pansy, for her part, was entirely unaffected, and merely seemed amused at Blaise's attempts to convey his frustration. The latter soon huffed and leaned back on the leather seating, folding his arms across his chest, muttering under his breath about rudeness and impropriety.

"Soul. Lucky me." Tom said, smiling slightly, and caressing Draco's face, brushing a couple of blond strands from his forehead, and behind his ear. Pansy cooed at the sweet sight. She was glad that Draco had someone to dote on him, and it would be just his luck that he was soul bound to the Dark Lord's son. This one, at least, seemed to care greatly for him, and it was lucky. Particularly if Voldermort did manage to rise once more, it would keep Draco a bit safer than it would otherwise. 

"Do that again and I will personally ensure that you remain infertile your entire existance." Tom said with an air of nonchalance, as if it would be the most simple thing in the world. Pansy's eyes widened and she criss-crossed her legs, arms moving across her stomach.

"You would not dare." She said, narrowing her eyes and the dark haired boy.

"Would I really not dare? Hmm? How do you know? Do you know me? No. And most importantly, are you willing to risk the fact that I may or may not actually keep my word." Pansy sighed. The other had a point. She supposed she could have been taken the wrong way, she was just glad that Draco had found someone who cared about him. It would seem that this Tom Marvolo Riddle was not fond of small things like that. She would have to keep check of herself in that case. 

"Fine, never again."

"Good. I would hate to see the pureblood population go down even further all because you were stupid enough to annoy me."