Chapter 48 - Asgard

(Kára's POV):
I heard the door to the house open and I returned to the living room to see who Thor had as visitors. Not many of the Asgardians besides myself even bothered to come see Thor, knowing that any visit was essentially useless, that was if he even let you stay for longer that two minutes.

"Hulk?" I asked in shock, him being the last person I expected to see. I had never actually met this side of Banner, but I had been told stories of him and there was no mistaking that that was who was standing in front of me at the moment. I then noticed that he was not alone, accompanied by the raccoon I had met on Wakanda. "And you're Rocket, right?"

"You're the fancy lady with the magic, what're you doing here?" The raccoon responded.

"I'm Asgardian, I have been coming daily to try to help Thor."

"Well you don't seem to have done to well with that job," Rocket observed, looking over Thor's completely out of shape body.

"I said I've been trying, I never said that I'm succeeding. But what brings you here, we haven't seen an Avenger since Wakanda?"

"There may be a way to bring everyone back," Hulk responded. I froze, not able to believe what I was hearing. "We came to try to get Thor's help, but he does not seem very interested in it."

"Thor, if there is even a chance, shouldn't you take it? You mope around here, complaining that you have failed your people. You have to try, Thor," I encouraged him, making him shake his head.

"And if I fail again? That seems to be all that I am doing, they would be better off without me."

"You and I both know that that is not true. However, if you do not try then you will definitely fail, so why not take a leap of faith? Thor, you used to win battle after battle and now that you have lost two, you have lost faith in yourself. You need to do this, not only for those who were dusted, but also for yourself."

He still seemed hesitant, but then Rocket informed him, "there's beer in the ship."

"What kind?" Thor responded, finally looking up.

A smile spread across my lips, "would I be able to help at all?"

"Come along, I am sure that we can always use someone with your skills," Hulk replied as Thor went to go throw on a shirt.

"I will meet you at your ship in a minute, I just need to do one thing before I leave," I told them as I ran from the house and back to where I lived.

"Did you get him to eat it?" Saga asked me as I burst in.

"What?" I questioned, unsure as to what she was referring to.

"The salad," she replied, furrowing her brows. "What happened in there? You seem quite excited."

"Thor had an unexpected visitor, two Avengers came by and told him that they may have found a way to reverse what Thanos did five years ago. I came by to ask if you would be willing to take care of Eira until I come back, I am joining them on this mission."

"Are you being serious right now? They may actually be able to fix this?"

"I do not know if it will work, but it is at least worth a try, isn't it? Where is Eira, I want to say goodbye to her before I leave."

"She's in the other room with Bjorn."

After thanking my sister, I ran to see my daughter who was indeed playing with my nephew. She had grown up so much in the past five years and was now reminding me even more of her father. She had his raven black hair and, although her eyes were more hazel than the dazzling green of her father, they too held a constant mischievous glint.