Chapter 7: Contigo

Start from the beginning

"I don't know." The redhead shrugged. "When Ash caught her, she told him pills were a sin."

"That's bullshit."

"She's crazy, no doubt." Misty checked her wristwatch. "Shall we go? I'm a bit worried about Ash. I have to stop him from drinking the whole wine stock."

-

Misty unlocked the door of the house and got inside. As she took off her high heel shoes, she noticed Ryan, Angie and Annie had their ears stuck on their grandmother's bedroom door.

"Is she yelling at dad?"

"What?"

"I can't hear!"

"Shut up so we can hear!"

"Hey! What are these manners?" Misty shouted and picked up her shoe. "Get away from that door! NOW!"

The three ran upstairs. Misty threw the shoe but it didn't hit any of them. She realized she was starting to throw shoes at her kids like people in this town... "Oh my God. That was so Pallet-ish."

Misty could hear screaming coming from Delia and George's bedroom. It was Ash's voice.

She quickly put her purse on the counter and went to knock on the door. "Ash? Are you inside?"

The door quickly opened. It was Delia. "Oh, there is the art teacher!" Ash was inside as well, looking a bit pale.

"Well, Misty, we were waiting for you to get home." Delia opened the door wide. "Get inside. We have a lot to discuss."

When Misty got inside, Delia slammed the door shut loudly.

"Don't slam the door, mom. There are kids in this house."

"Sit down, Ash."

Ash mumbled something under his breath and sat on the end of the bed. Misty sat down beside him and smiled.

"Yes, you're smiling! Of course you're smiling!" Delia suddenly cracked. "You were planning this the whole time!"

"Mom!"

The door suddenly opened. It was Ash's father. He looked surprised. "What's happening here?"

"Actually, you're concerned too. So take a seat."

"What? Misty didn't do the laundry the way you like it?" George laughed. Misty hid her smile behind her hand. He grabbed some pills from his nightstand. "Leave me out of this."

"Ash and Misty are moving to Viridian city!"

Ash's father turned around. Delia nodded. "Yes, I'm serious. They're taking the kids and leaving this summer."

"Oh." When he looked at Misty and Ash, they just avoided eye contact with him. "Okay."

"What?" Delia blinked. "Okay what?"

"That's good." George nodded. "Ash can take care of the store on his own, then."

Not that Ash wasn't expecting such reaction from his father, but this was going a lot better than he expected.

"Whose side are you on?" Delia was losing her mind. "Whose side? Huh?"

"I don't take sides!" Mr. Ketchum pointed at Ash. "You thought he was going to stay with you forever? Seriously? Look at him! He hates this town! He drinks himself to sleep!"

"And if it wasn't for Misty-"

"Don't add more chili pepper, Ash. I was only exaggerating."

Ash shrugged. "I like chili pepper."

"Okay. Can I go give my mother her medicine now?" 

Delia turned to look at Ash. "Are you going to leave three old people alone?"

"Now you're changing your strategy?" Ash chuckled. "I'm not leaving for Kalos! Don't add chili pepper, mom."

"Let him leave this house!" Ash's father spoke from his spot near the door. "He emptied my wine barrels, he drinks all the good wine and his kids snatch my grapes before I even get to see them! They're like a gang. I'm tired of them."

"I agree." Ash nodded. Misty giggled lightly.

"And if I catch that kid of yours one more time groping that blonde's ass in the storeroom, I will kick his ass."

Delia gasped. "WHO?"

"Go ahead." Ash nodded.

"Blonde? Blonde?" George narrowed his eyes. "What kind of taste is that? What did you do to him?"

Some shifting could be heard behind the door. Misty sighed. "They're eavesdropping."

"Take this gang out of my house! I tell you!" George groaned and opened the door. He stepped out. "WHO WAS AT THE DOOR? HUH? WHO WANTS TO GET HIS ASS KICKED?"

"Don't yell at the girls!" Delia followed after him.

"Now that I'm thinking about this..." Ash cocked his head. "Maybe I don't want to take these kids with me." He looked at Misty and smiled. "I want to take you and leave."

"I don't know if that's possible, Ash. You kind of gave birth to those children." Misty brushed his cheek.

"Oh, right. I keep forgetting. I only remember the part when it's sex."

The two laughed.

Ash looked toward the door. "Mom lost her mind for a second." He looked at Misty. "Not really just a second—she lost her mind for thirty minutes, no break. She went nuts."

"I noticed."

"She thought you've been planning this for fifteen years."

"Yeah. Like I have nothing better to do!"

The two laughed for a little while. From their spot, they could hear loud yelling and laughter outside the bedroom... tables and chairs getting knocked too.

"Sometimes I wonder why mom and dad haven't kicked us out yet."

"Same."

THE END