Chapter 14

Isen's Pov

Seraphina and I walked side-by-side, heading towards the infirmary. As we strolled down the hallways I noticed that the halls were crowded with students.

Judging by their state it seems like they were preparing for the next class. Usually I would try to listen to their conversation to keep up with what's happening around the school.

But at the moment I was too focused on something else. As we passed by them I couldn't help but overhear their hushed conversations.

"Hey Look!  Its Isen and he's with Seraphina".

"Yeah! But isn't she a cripple now?"

"Exactly! There's no reason for them to stick together."

"I bet she is paying him to protect her. I heard the rumors that her family is filthy rich."

"Shhh...they can hear us!".

'About time they noticed.'
Their annoying gossips are starting to get on my nerves I tried to ignore them. I gazed at Seraphina who seemed to be unaffected by everything happening around her. She was too engrossed in her game to pay attention to anything else.

I knew I made the right decision by tagging along with her when I noticed the sly glances the mid-tiers were sending in her direction.

A few of them I recognized were from our class. It took them a moment for them to realize that I was with her. I shot a glare in their direction which seemed to put an end to whatever they seem to be planning.

I resisted the urge to slam their faces on the wall. They just don't know what they are dealing with!
It hasn't been a month since Seraphina had lost her powers and yet they are already people plotting behind her back.

I have been trying my best to keep everything under control so that John won't snap but it seems like it will only be a matter of time when that happens.

After the article incident and   Zeke's ambush it will only be a matter of time when John will revert back to his old self and everything will be in chaos again.

I dreaded the day if something like that happened...

It didn't take long before we finally reached the infirmary. I opened the door for her as we walked inside.

We were greeted with the sight of Doc staring at his phone screen with a flushed expression on his face, which was quite surprising as we had grown accustomed to his usual scowl.
Seraphina seemed quite interested in what he was watching while I was too shocked to say anything.

Both of us made our way in front of his desk. There was an awkward silence in the air as we waited for the Doc to notice us.

"U-Uh, D-doc?"I stammered, catching his attention which seemed to startle him as he nearly tripped on the chair.

"You two!" his gaze landed on us with sheer hatred."How long have you been standing there for?" he said alarmed with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

I shuddered under his intense gaze while Seraphina barely flinched.

No one's pov

"We just got here" Seraphina answered as calm as usual."I would like to get my injuries treated."

He simply shrugged before turning towards Isen who suppressed a shudder.

"And what are you doing here?!"

"Huh?"

"I swear if this is about another pen fight between you and Blyke ...?".

"I-I just escorted her, that's all" Isen put his hands up in defense.