chapter 2

CHAPTER TWO !

cherries make me sick!

          "bubble gum and mint choc chip, are you happy living with the thought of dying early because of that nightmare combination?" vanessa asked with a disgusted look, watching as i suggestively bit into my spoonful of the blue and green deliciousness. "ew, you bit into it too!" i swallowed quickly and laughed.

"are you gonna eat that or am i?" i nodded at the melting ice cream that remained untouched in front of her. she wrapped her hands around the cup and held it up to her eyes. "is there something in it? because i don't care i'll still eat it."

she smiled at her ice cream and shook her head. i watched, amazed, as she lifted the cup to her lips and drank, downing it all in just seconds without even a single flinch. when she finished, she dropped the empty cup back down on the table and wiped off the chocolate sauce that stuck onto the skin around her mouth.

"cherries make me sick," she smirked triumphantly and i realised that she hadn't removed the cherries that were on her ice cream.

i rested my back against the cold seat and returned her smirk. "that was quite impressive vanessa, you should show the boys that secret talent and one of them is bound to fall in love with you." i turned my attention back to my ice cream and picked up the spoon that laid next to it. "also, even if i think billy is totally hot, you can have him. it's no fun chasing after boys, plus i have more important things to do!"

"amber, what could possibly be more important than settling down with a hot boy who you can fuck every single night?"

i dropped my spoon again and stared straight into her eyes. was she serious right now? i mean, it was vanessa. more than half of our conversations often lead to boys. this girl was totally thirsty but i'd gotten used to it, after all, she was my best friend. even after six years of only seeing each other twice every year, we were still closer than ever.