chapter nine

I woke up to the sound of banging at my bedroom door. Or maybe it was the throbbing of my head. I lifted my head up and then my whole upper body.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Heather," Veronica opened the door slowly, peaking her head in. "Didn't mean to wake you up."

"No, it's fine. You can come in you know." I glanced over at the clock on my nightstand. "It's 1? How did I sleep in this late?"

Veronica stepped in and shut the door behind her. "Not really sure, I thought you hated sleeping in."

"I do." I ran my fingers through my hair before filling sitting up straight.

"I tried calling and then I realized you weren't at your mom's so instead of calling to here I decided to come over." Veronica rambled on. "Anyway, I needed to talk to you."

"Is everything okay?"

Veronica sighed, walked over to my bed and took a seat on the edge. "I made a terrible mistake."

"Okay." I paused. "What was it?"

"I started talking to JD again." Veronica bit her lip.

"What? I thought you were over him." I furrowed my brows.

"Me too!" She jumped up and looked at me. "And then I bumped into him at some store and..."

"And?"

"And I realized how much I missed him." She sighed again.

"You don't miss him, Ronnie. You miss being in a relationship."

"God, when did you get so wise?" The usual voice appeared. I jumped, startled. Veronica gave me a confused look before continuing on.

"Well, I slepted with him." She spoke flustered.

"What? How did that even happen?" I asked in a similar tone, yet caring.

"If I'm being honest I don't know how, I don't remember." Veronica's voice raised. "Why am I so stupid?"

"You're not stupid." I rolled my eyes. "Were you drunk?"

"No. I guess it happened all so fast. I don't even know why I'm freaking out so much, we had sex all the time when we were dating."

"Calm down, it's okay." I stood up and placed my hands in her hands. "It's all okay."

"Thank you, Mac." She smiled. We had a second of eye contact before the both of us turned away. "Do you want to go shopping or see a movie?" Veronica asked.

"Sure, shopping sounds like fun. I need new clothes anyway." I smiled and walked over to my closet.

Veronica took a seat on my bed, looking at me. After a couple of seconds of silence she spoke. "Mac?"

"Yeah?" I spun around quickly.

"Nevermind." Veronica shook her head.

"Oh, okay?" I shrugged and the went back to finding the perfect outfit. I grabbed a yellow flowy dress and my usual yellow blazer. I quickly threw off my clothes and put on the clean outfit. "Does it look bad?" I turned towards my mirror, peering at every flaw.

"Of course not." Veronica giggled. "You look perfect always."

"I hope so." I looked at Veronica through the mirror, I took a pause. "Don't forget about me."

"Heather, I-"

"Please." I turned around taking a step towards her. "I don't want to be forgotten about. I don't want to be tossed to the side."

"Why would I forget about you?" Veronica tilted her head.

"You're moving away, starting a new life."

"I'm not starting a new life."

"You're not gonna be in Sherwood anymore."

"I'm gonna visit during my breaks."

"You'll be too busy spending time with your family, Veronica."

"Do you really think I want to spend time with my family?" She scoffed.

"I'm not sure, you change your mind frequently. I mean first you date this creepy guy and then you hate his guts and then you slept with him."

"He's not creepy!" She threw her hands up.

"God, and now you're defending him!" I did the same.

The room went silent.

"We all make mistakes." Ronnie muttered after a while.

"What mistake did you make, Veronica? You clearly knew what you did, it's not like you were drunk or anything." I folded my arms.

"I regretted it afterward meaning I made a mistake. Can't we get over this?" She stood up.

"I don't know, can you get over him?" I snapped back, raising my brows.

"When did you become a such a bitch? I've cared for you this whole entire year and the one time I make a mistake you get fucking mad at me, Heather!"

"Why are you getting so upset?" I yelled back.

"I give up. I give up on you." Veronica reached for the doorknob.

"Go ahead. I don't care." I took a step back throwing my arms to my side.

Veronica jolted the door open and slammed it behind her. I could feel the breeze blow across my face.

I regretted it.

I regretted every word I said.

Much like Veronica did with JD.

"When did you become so vocal?" The mythic bitch supposedly appeared behind me.

"I don't know." I spoke still standing in the same position since Veronica slammed the door.

"What the hell happened in that hospital? They changed you, Heather."

Finally for once she was made sense to me.

"I know." I took a long, deep breath.

"And what are you going to do about it?"

"Change to my old self." I looked down at my hands, picking at my fingernails.

"That's my girl." She spoke in a almost seductive voice. "I missed the actual you. I was getting quite annoyed at this 'Mac'."

"Me too." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hello loves! I know, I know it took me a while to get this chapter out. I've been very busy with work.

I want to say thank you because "Be Pretty" has 1k views, ahhhhh. this is so cool. I really thought people hated it lmao.

you're the best,
your home girl.