chapter six

There was a pulsating throbbing pain in my forehead when I awoke. It felt like my heart had been placed behind my eyes. The sunlight only made it worse.

I needed food. Food was the definite cure for a hangover.

I walked downstairs, squinting my eyes, trying not to fall. I opened up the fridge and took out the leftover pasta and chicken. It was easy to make, I just popped it in microwave for a minute and it's as good as it was two nights ago.

I took a few bites, not thinking and my eyes went wide. "No, no, no." I ran over to the sink and spat out the current food in my mouth. I, without putting the rest of the food away, dashed upstairs and basically threw myself into the bathroom. I closed the door shut and locked it.

So I wouldn't make the mistake again of having someone hear, I turned on the bath. "Here we go." I took a deep breath and hunched myself over the toilet, sticking my middle and index finger to the back of my throat.

My stomach and head lurched forwards each time I gagged. Third time is the charm because by the third gag almost everything had come up.

I flushed the toilet and ushered to the sink washing my hands. I cupped my hands and filled them with water and brought it to my mouth. I swirled the water around like a makeshift mouthwash since I didn't own any.

I lifted my head up and looked into the mirror, staring at my eyes. It was the girl I've seen before. She was familiar, but I couldn't recognize her. Her skin was white and dull, her hair looked dead and dry, her hazel eyes weren't full of life anymore. The bags under her eyes were a deep shade of purple, her lips were chapped, and her cheekbones looked like she could cut someone with them. That was the girl I saw.

"Nothing makeup can't fix," Another familiar voice reoccurred behind me.

I shut my eyes tightly. "Please, please, please go away." I didn't want her back. I didn't want to be stuck with Heather Chandler for the rest of my life. She was meaner in my head.

"Mac, you're going to have to try harder than that."

"I don't know why you're here. I don't miss you anymore." My eyes were still shut.

"Don't lie, I know there's this deep feeling within you that misses me."

"Heather." I felt my eyes burning as if I was about to cry.

"Put some makeup on for me, would you?" She said before disappearing.

'This is how it starts. This is how disasters happen.' I thought while applying concealer to cover my bags. Next I used blush to give my face more life. Lastly I added tinted lip balm and some gloss. After I was finished I heard a knock at the front door.

I walked downstairs with steady steps and opened the door slowly. "Hello?"

"Heather!" Duke was standing there with a smile and another girl. It's funny because they were matching but different colors. Duke wore red and the other wore green. Huh.

"Hi. What are you doing here?" I tried being nice but my eyebrows were furrowed giving me a bitchy look.

"I wanted you to meet Heather." She pointed to the girl beside her.

Heather waved at me.

How many Heathers could there be?

"You found another one?" I chuckled, waving back.

"I'm Heather Price." She had almost strawberry blonde hair but the strawberry aspect was faint and there was a hint of brown. If that makes any sense. She had blue eyes and light toned skin but not as light as me. Heather had some freckles but you had to look closely to see them. Her body was fit, she was skinny, but not too skinny. Her body was sort like Chandler's and Duke's put together. And she was taller than me but shorter than Duke.

"I'm Heather McNamara except everyone calls me Mac." I introduced myself.

Something felt off. Now this isn't a 'good girl is actually bad' story, but it was off in a sense that Chandler was replaced.

"It's nice to meet you, Mac." Price said to me before turning to Duke. "Hey, I think I left my scrunchie in the car." She then left to grab it.

"Is she replacing Heather Chandler?" I asked Duke in a small voice and worried look.

"Don't act like she's still alive. Heather, she's been dead for months now. And if anything I'm replacing her, I'm the new head of this group whether you like it or not. Heather Price is replacing the old me." I couldn't tell if she was trying to thoughtful or a prick.

"This isn't high school anymore, we're not a clique anymore. All we are is friends now."

"Maybe you think we're just friends, but we're going to rule Sherwood's community college.

"You're not going to let me get replaced and forgotten, right?" The same voice appeared in the back of my mind again.

"Heather, I can't deal with this anymore!" I had forgotten that Duke was standing in front of me as I spoke to Chandler.

"What do you mean?" Duke placed her hands on hips.

"Nothing." I gulped.

"Look, when you joined this friend group we all promised that we'd be together till death do us part."

"I know." I nodded, biting my lip. I didn't think death would do one of us part so quickly.

"Anyway, I should get going unless you want to join. Heather and I are going shopping."

"I'll join you two later, maybe." I shrugged.

"Whatever." Duke left my house as quickly as she could.

I stood in front my door, back against it, running my fingers through my hair. How can so much happen in so little amount of time. This made my head throb even more.

I didn't want a new addition to the group. I wanted to leave this group. Does this mean a whole new school year of hell is waiting for me?

~~~~~
I thought this would be an interesting turn of events. I have a few plans as of where this could go, we'll see.

living life,
your home girl.