chapter four

That afternoon Veronica had dropped me off at home and left. I was on my way to my room when my mom walked in.

"Heather?" She called out, looking around.

"Yeah?" I walked downstairs and met her in the kitchen.

"There you are. I saw Veronica pull out of the driveway, did she stop by?"

"Yes, mom, why else would she have been here?"

"I wasn't sure, dear." She rolled her eyes playfully at me. "Is Veronica the only person you've hung out with? Don't you have other friends?"

"I had other friends, but things happen." My words faded out at the end of the sentence.

"Look, sweetie, I know senior year wasn't what you wanted it to be-"

"Stop." I shook my head.

"What?"

"I don't want to talk about high school. I don't want to take about senior year. I don't want to talk about Heather Chandler, Kurt and Ram. I don't even want to mention Heather Duke." I made it clear. I had never had that type of attitude with her or really anyone before. Woah.

"Don't talk to me that way, do you understand?" She slapped her hand on the counter.

I sighed, exhaustedly, and made my way upstairs. I was tired and just wanted to sleep.

The next morning I woke up terribly hungry. My stomach was growling like a bear. I debated between eating and not eating. By the time I decided to not eat it had passed fifteen minutes.

I got out of bed and went straight to the living room. I didn't even look at the kitchen.

"You're up late." My mom walked into the living room and glanced at me. I could tell she was still annoyed and I don't blame her.

"What time is it?"

"Noon." She grabbed a glass from the cabinet.

"Then what are you still doing here? You have work." I got up from the couch and followed her.

"Today's my day off." She sighed and filled the glass with water from the tap. "Oh, guess who called this morning."

"Who?" I leaned over the counter acting intrigued when I really didn't give a damn.

"Your father. He's picking you up at six tonight. Apparently he wants to talk to you." Now my mom's not the most responsible parent, neither is my dad, but they each have some sort of common sense. Kinda.

"But I'm not supposed to be going over there. It isn't his day to have me. Did he say what he wanted to talk about?"

"No. He did say to wear something nice. Maybe's taking you to dinner. Wouldn't that be sweet?" My parents don't quite hate each other, they just never really got along.

"Well am at least coming home tonight or?"

"Not really sure." She shrugged.

"So he could be kidnapping me and we would never know?" I raise dmy eyebrows.

"Don't be silly, he's not going to do that. He's a good person."

"How do you know? That kind of stuff happens all the time."

"You're just being paranoid."

"Am not-" The phone rang. My mom picked it up quickly. She glanced over at me before hanging up.

"Consider yourself lucky. He canceled."

"He can never stick to plans, can he?" I cross my arms.

"Nope." She sighed and turned away,

This was the moment I began walking upstairs. My only escape was my room. I felt like I was there all the time, but I have no where else to go. By this time in the year, usually me, Heather and Heather would be out doing something. We'd do something different everyday, like a mini road trip, go get a bite, shop, and much more. Now, I feel empty, I feel like I've missed out on everything. I wonder what Heather Duke is doing.

I sat in bed and stared at the ceiling trying to not let the hunger take over me. This was the time to look back on high school memories. God I missed that place. Sure terrible things did happen, but so many good memories were made. If I could go back, no matter how much it'd hurt me, I would.

While we were at McDonald's Veronica was talking to me about a party going on tonight. She said it was a 'mixer' for students going to community college. But the only thing we'll be mixing is drinks. I already know all the people in this town (perks of being a heather.)

"Maybe I should go." I shrug, pulling myself up. "It's worth a shot, Right?""

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
merry summer

school's out for most people i think, at least i'm out. i know this chapter was boring but i promise the next one is eventful because ~party~

have a very merry summer,
your home girl