5 Times Peter surprised Flash

Summary: And the one time Flash surprised Peter.

5. Loyalty

"Welcome to the Avengers training room."

"Hey, Pete!" A voice called from the boxing ring to the left of the entrance. The voice in question belonged to one Tony Stark who was staring at the duo with a bemused smile on his face.

Peter grasped onto Flash's upper arm and gently pulled him towards the ring as Flash stared in awe at Tony. "Hi, Mister Stark," Peter greeted the older man with a smile. He and Flash slowed to stop, Tony grinning at Flash's obvious shock and admiration.

"You must be Flash?" Tony asked Flash in a voice the hinted at his amusement. At Flash's eventual nod Tony reached over the ropes of the ring and held his hand out to Flash. After a moments confusion, Flash hurried forward and shook his hand, "Yes, sir."

Crawling under the ropes, Peter grinned at Tony, "you ready to get beaten up, old man?"

With a laugh at Flash's alarmed expression, Tony turned to face Peter, "you're halfway to thirty, Underoos, and I am about to beat your ass."

After a brief sparring session in which Flash become hopelessly confused as to how nerdy Parker was suddenly an Olympic level athlete, Tony clambered out of the ring, mopping the sweat from his brow. Tony gestured for Flash to follow him, ignoring Peter's questioning glance as he directed Flash out of the training room. The pair walked down the expansive hallway in relative silence before Tony led them into the compounds kitchen.

They each took a seat on the bar stools that surrounded a large marble island.

"So, Flash," Tony began, his brow furrowing. "How long have you known Peter?"

Flash shoot him a confused look, "um, we were in the same middle school and we have most classes together, so a few years?"

Tony turned to face Flash, "So I'm gonna assume you and Pete are  pretty close right? Or at the very least close enough to know if the kid was getting bullied?"

Swallowing hard, Flash lowered his gaze, "has Peter ever mentioned being bullied?"

With a soft sigh, Tony raked his fingers through his hair, "he hasn't  mentioned it exactly but there's just these little things, small signs, that make me think there's something else going on at school. Kid's too stubborn to tell me anything though."

"I, uh, I had no idea, sir," Flash mumbled.

"You know? You're a good kid, Flash, so I'm gonna ask you to do something for me."

"Of course, Mister Stark?"

"Keep an eye on Peter for me?" Tony procured a business card from a small pot on the counter top and slid it across to Flash. "And if you see anything, any kids picking on him a bit too much you send me a text okay? the kids been through some shit and he doesn't like asking people for help, even when he is literals bleeding.

Flash was quiet for a minute, "I'll keep an eye on him sir, I promise if anyone tries anything I'll shut them down."

Tony rested a hand on Flash's shoulder, "thanks, kid, I appreciate that, it's good to know Peter has someone he can trust. God knows the kid could do with some more friends."

Flash met Tony's gaze. "He's lucky to have you, Mister Stark. A lot of kids in Midtown don't believe he actually has an internship. Peter never sticks up for himself you know? But I promise I'm gonna try and be there for him when he needs it."

Peter was never going to have to deal with bullying again, Flash thought with newfound determination.

A/N: Okay, okay, this by far isn't as long as it should be considering the insane time period between me updating so uh, my apologies? A HUGE thank you to @FreyaMason28 who more or less guilt tripped me into writing this. This chapter was really hard for me to write thanks to some pretty intense writers block but as I am typing this it is currently 23:58 and I still have 5 more lines of dialogue I need to write.