Mistaken Identities

This is sort of an AU but not really? I had the idea for this a while ago but it's taken me a while to actually get around to writing it.

"And why exactly are we outside an apartment complex in Queens during rush-hour?" Happy Hogan questioned his boss and closest friend, Tony Stark, as they pulled up outside said complex.

"You remember that spider kid I was telling you about the other day? He's going to help me fight Cap."

Happy stared at Tony is disbelief, "isn't he like, 17, Tony? You can't just take a kid you've never met to Germany. You don't even know his first name!"

Tony pushed his sunglasses down to cover his eyes, "firstly, he's about fifteen. Secondly, watch me." He purposefully exited the car and entered the building, leaving a dumbfounded Happy in the car.

He calmly waited for the elevator, riding it up to fourth floor before exiting. Tony wandered up and down the corridors until he came to the apartment he was looking for. Adjusting his jacket, he knocked sharply on the door.

The door opened and the face of a scarred teenager opened the door, "we don't care about Jesus and we don't buy anything other than thin mints."

Tony raised an eyebrow, "you must be Mr. Parker?" In all honesty, this kid wasn't what he'd anticipated. He looked older than what Tony had expected and had a bored expression as though he didn't care that the Tony Stark was at his door.

"Wade Parker. What do you want?"

"I think it's best if we talk inside," Tony said looking around at the various residents wandering the hallway. "I don't believe we want people listening in on this conversation."

After a moment, Wade pulled the door open and gestured for Tony to come in. "May?" He called out to a woman in the kitchen, "Tony Stark has decided to grace us with his overrated presence."

"Wade, be nice," the woman, May, chided gently. She turned to face Tony, "Mr. Stark, it's a surprise to see someone such as yourself here, can I get you anything? Coffee? Tea?"

Waving his hand in dismissal, Tony wandered slowly around the apartment, pausing to look at a collection of photographs on the wall. Most of the photos consisted of Wade, May and another boy.

"That's Peter," May said from behind him, "he's Wade's younger brother."

Tony frowned to himself. He hadn't been aware that there was a third Parker, although he hadn't been able to find Wade's forename. Perhaps the family was just not that big on being interesting. "Does he not live here?"

"Oh no, he does live here. He's on his way back from school, he shouldn't be too long." May took a seat on a battered couch, gesturing for Tony to also sit. "He's a huge fan of you, Peter loves anything and everything to do with the Avengers. Especially you and that spider guy that's started to hang around here."

Out of the corner of his eye, Tony noticed Wade visibly tense from where he was sat on the counter. He hummed and focused his attention back onto May, "so. The reason I'm here is regarding Wade's application for the grant."

"The grant?" May asked with a frown, "what grant? I wasn't told about any grant."

Tony simply gave May a dazzling smile, "the September Foundation Grant. Wade sent in an application a few months back, you have been getting my emails right, Wade?"

Wade's face was blank, "I didn't sign up for any grant and I haven't got an email account. So, unless Peter signed up for it, you're in the wrong apartment."

The older man sincerely hoped that the glare he was sending Wade was enough to convey his frustration. "My mistake," he said easily. "Must've been Peter, I distinctly remember the email tracing back to this address."