Chapter 8- Stalking

Ruby let out a moan, moving her hips. "Almost."

"You feel so good, baby." Arthur was breathing hard. He caressed Ruby's face that was so close to his. "I'm close, too."

"The Foxville triple murder case: another victim's body is discovered, this time in broad daylight. Authorities are baffled by the lack of clues and the town's in shock. No one can quite believe what's happened here. Sources tell us that no arrest has been made, yet."

The news reached Ruby's ears and pinched into the side of her brain. Her hands fisted the sheets out of annoyance. She got off of Arthur and lay down next to him. Ruby couldn't cum unless she was on four different drugs, after listening to that. Honestly, probably not even then.

She didn't know what she was looking for, anymore. Every evidence was just another dead end in disguise.

Arthur groaned, rubbing his hands over his face. He sat up and rested his hand on Ruby's naked stomach. "What're you thinking? Talk to me, baby."

It was impossible for Ruby to not give evasive responses to innocuous questions. So, she decided to lie. "I'm just hungry."

Arthur's face softened. He laid a swift kiss on her forehead. "Come on. I'll make you something to eat."

He waltzed into his kitchen, like he was a Michelin star chef and searched the wooden cabinets. Ruby didn't expect anything more than a stupid sandwich from him that was until she saw him get a skillet out.

Derek saw it, too and headed for his room. Couples made him incredibly uncomfortable. "I'm gonna go...lay in my bed."

Ruby didn't pay Derek any heed as she watched Arthur open the refrigerator to take out the eggs. "You know how to cook?"

"Don't you?"

"No."

Arthur stared at her, puzzled. "Why?"

"I'm not into cooking. Heather's very into it." Ruby recalled the delicious apple pie Heather had left for her, before heading to the country club to play tennis, that afternoon. Ruby didn't eat it, of course. Just tasted it. "It sucks."

"Really?" Arthur arched his brows a fraction in amazement. He whisked the mix in minutes and poured oil in the hot skillet. "The key lime pie she served me was pretty good, tho."

Ruby rolled her eyes, coming up behind him. How did he manage to flip the omelet so flawlessly? "My mom was better at it. Guess it's not Heather's fault that she was born ugly and can't cook."

Arthur turned around, the corners of his lips turning up. He brought Ruby between his legs. "I seriously worry for you, Ruby."

Ruby reached up to kiss him. Arthur knew how to cook and clean, work and play, torture and surrender. God, he was hot.

He grabbed her jaw to kiss her passionately. Ruby brought her hand in front and stuck a middle finger in his face. "Aww my middle finger seriously worries for you, too."

Arthur chuckled. "Is that why you were stalking me last night?"

Ruby ran her tongue over her teeth. She would never understand that stalking someone online wasn't the same as getting to know them. So, she liked an Instagram post. Big deal?

"Just cause I liked your pic from 35 weeks ago doesn't make me thirsty." She retorted. She was definitely not just tolerating him anymore, it was actually some what likeable to have him around. "I'm just thinking you haven't looked good in a while."

"Liar." Arthur whispered and flashed the sexiest smile. His eyes were the shade of azure, like a cloudless sky. His dirty blond hair was an array of mess but he still looked very handsome. "Anyway, there's a UF party, next weekend. It's gonna be the last one before summer break." Arthur gathered her hair in his hands and kissed her collarbone. "Do you wanna come with me?"