Chapter 5

Author's note: big thank you to everyone who left a wonderful message or comment for me while I was dealing with being in the hospital and the fall out from that. You're all amazing people and I'm thankful to be apart of this fandom.

First chapter out in quite a while and it feels really good to be working on something again. I think I'm going to try for Monday updates for now to not put pressure or force things. Hope you enjoy and thank you for everyone who came back to read!

Roger considered his plight with all the respect in the world and gave John a few seconds to wallow. Necessary seconds, as John had not meant to be so upfront or seemingly rude about it. This was not how one flirted or made friends. Time was a necessary component in their friendship it seemed and John liked the respect that Roger seemed to have for it.

"Deaky then, a play on your last name instead." Roger said without hesitation, like he had already been thinking about it. John immediately found that he liked the name a lot better. Perhaps he liked it because Roger had thought it up for him. He could happily be called that for the rest of his life knowing that Roger had taken the time and effort to create it for him.

"Sounds nice, you're really smart Roger." He slurred tiredly, like he had had a lot more to drink then a single sip. It was certainly getting late and John was always feeling drained from being in a crowd of people. He needed a nice shower and Roger also needed to wash down. John mind quietly suggested that they could just save water and do it together, but he brushed off that thought.

That didn't sound like him at all. Or maybe, it was like him when he got used to and actually liked a person. Did he actually want Roger to touch him all the time? God, he was apparently such a contradictory bitch that he couldn't even keep his own opinions straight. What kind of man was he turning into?

Roger grinned at him and removed the napkin from John's face as the slow trickle of blood had finally come to a stop. John made an aborted snort from deep in his throat at how gentle Roger was being. What happened to the man that he was holding him in his seat before? Or maybe that had been John's overactive imagination.

"Does that feel better Love? It's already stopped bleeding, and it'll stay that way if you don't chew on it again." Roger's tone was kind and he swiped his thumb over John's cheek, almost lovingly. John's eyes closed at the gentle touch and he thought about leaning forward to kiss the blond in that moment.

"You make me feel better Roger, thank you for that." John was honest and open in that moment, making full eye contact with Roger. His mood had turned from upset to cheerful, all because of how caring Roger surprisingly was. John wished that he could always feel like this.

Roger reached over around John and grabbed at his own drink, downing the half full glass like a pro. It made John realize that he was still on Roger's lap and people were staring at them. It wasn't many people, but enough that John had to squirm and look away with a blush presently present on his face. This was very nearly too much. God, he hated people who stared.

"Roger, don't you care that people are seeing us like this?" John whispered, leaning in close to the blond's ear because he felt like that voice of his wasn't going to work. He could practically feel Roger's eyes wondering over his face and had to fight the urge to hide. The only thing that he was going to be able to do in that position was push his face into the crook of Roger's neck. John didn't know if Roger would appreciate that. The eyes around him combined with those curious looks made him want to anyways.

John had always been a bit weird compared to other people and sometimes it caused them to stare. He was quiet and a bit twitchy, always moving around. It freaked a lot of people out and they often didn't know how to deal with him. He squirmed once more in Roger lap, not even minding that he could feel that half erection that Roger had been sporting for way to long at this point to be an accidental thing. Why was it comforting that he could feel that weight between his butt cheeks if he moved just right?

Roger made a growling noise from the back of his throat and gripped harshly onto John's hips for what seemed like a single second. The blond humped up slightly in a motion that could have been mistaken for Roger trying to get comfortable with the heavy weight on top of him. John knew it was more then that, most likely retaliation for his own movements. John liked it, a lot.

It was a special thing that Roger didn't think him weird or a freak. Just like this experience of being able to sit on Roger's lap. He was a full grown man after all. This was a once in a life time kind of experience for him and he wanted to remember every moment of it. Or would Roger continue to just pull him to have a seat as their friendship continued? John liked the feeling and even the odd warmth from it. Was this really what friends did? Was it alright with him if it wasn't?

Roger was talking and John knew it, but couldn't focus on a single word. It was something about the drinks because he kept motioning toward the glasses on the table. John found himself closing his eyes for a moment instead of even trying for that conversation. He couldn't focus and knew he was being a terrible friend.

That was one of the reasons why he liked music so much, it always gave him something to focus on. All he could think about right now was how warm Roger's lap was and how nice it was to lean back against that slim chest. Roger seemed to have the perfect ratio of firm and squishy that made this the optimal experience. John would never be able to say that out loud and if he did Roger would probably hit him.

The relaxed moment came to an end when some girls from the club wondered close to the booth. John tensed up again and nearly whimpered when Roger reaction was to soothingly stroke his back. Would it feel better if he rubbed somewhere else?

The girls giggled again and started flirting with Roger like John didn't exist at all. Maybe it was better that way, because John's voice didn't want to work anyways. How many times had his voice failed him today? Why was he even still here? Roger could have the lovely ladies keep him company and John could have a bath at home. Everyone could be happy if Roger wasn't so fucking persistent.

He was more then ready to run away from the whole situation, uncaring that Roger's arm was still wrapped around his waist. People around them talked and flirted, but that didn't matter because John found his brain short circuited. Roger leaned forward as if to hide from the women and cheekily nosed at the back of John neck.