Chapter 2

Author's note: Having a bit of a pool day with a few drinks. Thought I'd still write the next chapter anyways. Hopefully it's still good ;)

"Roger, I don't really wanna have drinks tonight. Maybe next time, I'm just gonna go home." John tried to murmur while resisting against Roger's pulling. The blond was a lot stronger then John had pictured him being and the only advantage John had was being slightly taller. It wasn't much of an advantage to beginning with and when John hunched over like he definitely was, it was reduced to nothing. It was so hard not to cry when Roger was holding him there against his will.

Roger whipped around to look him in the eye and John could see that usual anger he held clouded over with disappointment. John hated very much when people would look at him with disappointment. Just what exactly was the blond's problem? He was trying his best and if that wasn't enough for Roger then he should just leave John alone.

"Stop trying to run away from me John, I just wanna be friends. You don't have to be scared of me, I'll treat you good. Just come and have a seat with me." Roger said almost carefully, he let go of John for a second only to catch his hand. That's not exactly what John wanted, but it was much better then feeling trapped.

John blushed because he'd never held hand with anyone before and now Roger was doing it with permission. Was that something that he should voice out loud? He trembled in confusion and let his eyes dart away from Roger for a few seconds to think. The way that Roger simply squeezed his hand with those rough calloused fingers didn't help with his panicked thoughts.

"What do you mean treat me good? I-I'm not sc-s-scared." John instantly cursed the lame stuttering of his voice and flinched when Roger brought his hand upwards. Roger carefully kissed at John's knuckles, squeezing their fingers together gracefully. John's face was so red and hot that he felt he might die if he received any more attention.

"Roger I can't. There's so many people." John's voice came out low and quiet, like it was dying out. There was so many people and someone bumped into him from behind, making him jump. He tried to focus on Roger but some girl who enjoyed the show had sauntered over and were trying to get the blonds attention.

The fact that Roger didn't let go of his hand was the only thing keeping John in the building. It was perhaps a bit dramatic but he was considering loosing the hand to get away at this point. The girl giggled and didn't even seem to care how grossly sweaty Roger was. Maybe they were into that, but John was absolutely not. He wanted to go home.

"Girls, I've already promised myself to this lovely boy for the night. Sorry." Roger grinned and bowed like the dramatic creature he was. He hold tight onto John's hand in effort to keep the younger man with him and didn't seem to notice all the pouts he got. John shook at the nasty look a couple of women shot him. Oh god, just what was Roger insinuating?

He got even closer to show his point, hooking a sweaty arm around John's waist and still not letting go of the hand. "What got you all scared Sweetie? It'll just be me and you and a couple of drinks." Roger's voice sounded wonderful and John was very sure that he practically never got a no from anyone. The sweetie nickname made John's throat feel dry, that was usually Freddie's thing and he'd never heard Roger use it before.

"I just don't like the crowd and I'm tired after our performance. Plus it's dark and people keep touching me." John didn't mean to sound so whiny, but it came out like that anyways. He struggled briefly in Roger hold on him. He felt humiliated and was suddenly having trouble breathing. A panic attack in front of his maybe friend in the middle of a club was something John absolutely did not want. It seemed to be happening anyways.

Roger leaned forward to touch their foreheads together and shushed at John. "It's alright John, I know you're nervous. I just wanna be friends, you don't have to do anything but sit with me. Don't even have to drink if you don't want to." Roger sounded both sweet and sincere, which John had not expected. It made him feel a bit better, which was surprising.

He didn't want to just give in, but people were starting to notice how long they've been stand in the middle of the floor. A few curious eyes had John finally moving and nodding his head to Roger. "Alright, I'll sit with you. Just for a little while though." It felt a bit like losing to give in at this point.

Roger smiled brightly and hugged John before continuing on to tug him toward the booth that he'd originally wanted to park them at. John shook in his boots at all the physical touching from Roger, and had to tell his body not to tear up. The blond seemingly took no notice of his plight and simply drug him along.

Along the way John let out a yelp as someone slapped his ass and practically had to jump into Roger's arms because it made the trembling worse. He whimpered and this time clutches at Roger for support. God, why were people such assholes? All he wanted was to be left alone and guys seemed to go out of their way to feel up his ass. John wanted to cry into Roger's arms at that moment.

"What's the matter Johnny?" Roger sounded confused, so he definitely had no idea what happened. Then there was a great amount of anger in Roger's eyes as the hand came back to sooth over John's rump. "Fuck hey! Who the fuck said you could touch him like that you pervert! Get out of here before I beat you black and blue."

John was happy that Roger was quick to defend him, but wished it hadn't been necessary in the first place. The blond didn't let him turn around to see just who had been touching him and held on protectively like John was some maiden. John had yet to see Roger so furious and he was glad those flares weren't directed at him.

"Thank you." He murmured feeling very appreciative that Roger was around all of the sudden. It was quite easy to realize that he preferred Roger's wandering hands to that of a strangers any day. At least Roger had always been upfront about whatever he wanted. He could place trust easily in that.

"Don't thank me John, they shouldn't have touched you at all. Fuck, is this why you always wanna leave? Do people just touch you without permission?" Roger's grip was tight, unrelenting and he was completely serious. He held onto John like he was something precious, even with all the odd looks they were getting from other people in the club.

John flushed a deep shade of red, and he just nodded his head to avoid talking. He'd been felt up at one of their events before and was in fact beginning to think that a few of the fans were trying to get him alone. It wasn't a big deal and John wasn't even truly interested. He wanted to lose his virginity to someone special, that loved him. Was that a thing to admit to his friend though?

"Answer me John." Roger stopped them both from moving and put a hand on John's chin. It was an intimate gesture and made John a bit uncomfortable. It was almost like Roger was going to kiss him, but John knew that the blond was just trying to look into his eyes.

"Yes, a few times. I think there's a few people watching me when we perform and the guys are quite handsy." John admitted, suddenly giving up all his troubled thoughts. It was probably better that someone know and Roger was a logical choice. He would put up a fight for John if necessary because that was the type of guy he was.

"Why didn't you say anything sooner? It's not okay that people are coming up and groping you!" Roger was clearly angry, but cooled down when John choose to cling to him. It was a good thing that John had taken notice that physical contact seemed to calm Roger down. Even if he hated it, he could stand it to ensure that Roger didn't do anything crazy.

"I didn't want to be a bother, plus it's kind strange. A guy getting groped by another guy and all that." John stuttered a bit, showing off just how upset he was.

"All that nothing, someone makes you uncomfortable you come and get me. Fuck, call out my name and I'll be there in a second. If they try to talk to you tell them your taken." Roger was more serious then John had ever saw him and he was worried that the blond might burst a blood vessel.

John wasn't exactly sure why he'd tell anyone he was taken when he clearly wasn't, but was done with this nerve wracking conversation. "Yes Roger." He chanted and nodded with a shy smile.

Roger smiled and nodded back, before going back to leading John to the booth. Why had it remained free all this time?