The girl who can't be moved (TEN)

It's been two weeks now since my supposed 'akit' scheme. I haven't seen Robi for a while because of the piled up shows I have with Neon and I'm missing him so much. Sometimes, I just want to escape. I just want to bail out on one of our shows and find Robi, but I couldn't. I wouldn't. I owe my 4 unofficial boyfriends- James, Zach, Anton and Ali way too much. I can't cause them trouble. I miss Robi everytime I see a bus. I miss Robi everytime I eat lugaw. I miss Robi everytime I play the drums. I miss Robi everytime I am with the guys. I miss Robi everytime I look at our pictures. But, somehow, I am comforted by the drumstick in my hand- the one Robi gave me. The drumstick that says "keeper of my heart".

We get to have a time off for a week. Rika allowed us to have our vacation before starting our out of town tour. Ali, Zach and Anton are with the keepers of their heart. James, on the other hand, went somewhere we don't know. He wouldn't say where he was going. He just said that he'll be gone for a while. Now, I'm stuck in a café thinking about what will be my last desperate act to get my Robin Hood back. I took out a marker and drew the stick figures on each drumstick and wrote Robin Hood and Super Ian under the figures. I spun the drumsticks in between my fingers when I finished drawing. People stared at me. I still tend to forget that I'm a part of a chart-topping-award-winning-and-hits-after-hits-wonder band they call "NEON". I kept spinning the drumstick in my hand the way I always do whenever I missed Robi so much. Then someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to look who it was. It's her. The girl with long silky black hair, hazel brown eyes, perfectly plucked brows, long legs, sexy body, sophisticated clothes and high heels. I looked like trash being close to her. I was in my usual flats, boy shirt, shorts and beanie. How can I ever compete with her?

"Irish." I smiled at her.

"Small world. Where's the band?" She smiled too.

"With the keeper of their hearts." I sighed.

"How about James?" Irish asked.

"I dunno. He wouldn't tell us where he's going. Maybe he's on a girl escapade again."

"Girl escapade? Aren't you two together?"

"Me and James? We're not together. We're friends. Bestfriends."

"Really? You look good together."

"No. James and I, we're just friends."

"But you do have a boyfriend, right?"

"No, I don't have one." I sighed.

"What? Why?"

"Because I don't have one."

"Going out with anyone?"

I shook my head.

"You've got to be kidding me. You're in a band- not to mention one of the hottest bands in the country. They must be crazy for not wanting to have a date with you."

"Well... You can't always get what you want."

"Yeah. I know, right." She said a bit discouraged.

"Is something bothering you?" I asked her. I know I shouldn't care much about her since I'm on to stealing Robi from her, but then, she's nice. I can't help but be nice to her as well.

She smiled half heartedly.

"I just got into a fight with Robi. Anyway, I don't wanna talk about it." Irish shrugged. "Oh! I have a story to tell. It's really cute. Robi and I went to the mall and we rode a bus to and from. On the way home, we saw this drawing at the back of a seat. They were only stick figures but they're really cute. Robin Hood and Super Ian."

I froze up. It was our bus. Robi and mine. I dropped the drumsticks. Irish bent down to pick it up. I couldn't move. She looked at it closely. I grabbed the drumsticks as fast as I could. Irish looked at me as if she discovered some grave secret about me.

"You're that girl... You're the one who drew on that bus..." Irish said. I couldn't speak. "Please don't say that your Robin Hood is my Robi."

I saw worry in Irish's eyes. My heart was beating fast again. I wanted to speak but no words seem to come out from my mouth. I didn't know what to say.

"Ikaw nga? You're the girl whom Robi couldn't seem to get over with. You're that girl whom Robi was so crazy and paranoid about... Do you know how much you've hurt me? I accepted being the rebound girl just so I can have him. You were that ghost who kept chasing us and almost always breaking us apart. How could you not say anything?! " Irish raised her voice. People turned to us. I was still speechless.

Irish grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the café. We went to a corner where no one would notice us. She looked as if she wanted to slap me on the face.

"Say something!" She yelled at me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Sorry?! Not even an apology from you can make things better for all the times I've cried because even if I have him, it still felt like I'm a rebound!"

I didn't know what to say. I just stared at her. Then, she tried to grab the drumsticks in my hand.

"Give me that!" She ordered me.

"No. This is mine. You have all of Robi and all I have of him is this." Tears started welling up in my eyes. "And why do you speak like you're the only one who got hurt? Nasaktan din naman ako ah. And until now, nasasaktan pa rin ako. It hurts so much that I just want to disappear. When I found out about you and Robi I wanted to just die. Halos sambahin ko yung lupang nilalakaran ni Robi, habang sya, halos isuka nya ko. Alam mo ba kung gaano kasakit yun? Alam mo ba kung gaano kasakit maghintay tapos malalaman mo na lang malayo na pala yung narating nung taong mahal mo? Sa sobrang layo, wala na sa isip nya na bumalik para sayo. Sa sobrang sakit, you just want to rip your chest open and throw your heart away." Tears started flooding.

Irish raised her hand as if she was going to slap me- but she didn't. Tears started to fall from her eyes too. She cried. We just stood there crying. It only took her a minute before she started composing herself. She wiped away the tears that was about to fall again and left me in that corner- still crying. Still broken. Still wanting to just disappear. Still wishing that Robi will come back to me. Still wanting to rip my chest open and throw my heart away somewhere far- so far that I won't feel the pain anymore. I'm now on the verge of being ugly- I'm on the verge of giving up.