Chapter 5: She wishes this was true... and then again not true.

Sorry for the long wait guys. If you have waited for this update thank you for being so patient with me. Hopefully its worth the wait

_____

The bell had ran for 3rd period and I started to pack my things away. Samuel tried to talk to me, but I ignored him trying to find my way out the class room so I could head to choir.

Once I managed to make it out the class I started off to my locker. As it slammed shut, I saw Samuel standing at the other end. He smiled his bright smile and I felt my heart flutter as my stomach filled with butterflies.

"Yeah?" I asked turning and beginning my walk to my favorite class.

"Let me walk you." He mumbled linking our fingers. I nodded excitedly and continued walking.

"Okay." I said breathless. I couldn't believe he was walking me to class, and showing me affection. When he was dating a girl, there was no stories circulating about him walking her to class, but yet here he is with me.... and we're not even dating(even though I wished we were).

As soon as we got outside of the choir room he turned to look at me. He smiled and leaned in as if he was ready to kiss me, but then he opened his mouth and spoke.

"Milly you have to wake up." He said still smiling.

"Huh?" I asked. Was he about to make fun of me in front of the whole school?

"Milly, get up. We're gonna be late. Get up!" Was repeated over and over until it no longer sounded like Samuel's voice, but my brother's instead.

"Ugggghhhhhh." I groaned before stretching and getting up.

"It was only a dream Mill, it couldn't have been that great." My brother laughed making me groan again.

"Whatever. Get out so I can get dressed!" I grumbled.

_____

Because of my stupid imagination,  my mind had been playing the dream over and over again.

Why was that a problem you may ask? Well there was 4 weeks of school left,  and cramming for finals isn't my plan, but it might turn into it if I don't get this insanely unrealistic dream out of my head. I couldn't concentrate on anything my math teacher was saying, and that says something seeing as math is one of my favorite subjects. All I could picture was Samuel's caramel skin toned fingers wrapped in my pale(in comparison) fingers.

"Milly, you do realize the bell did ring?" Mrs. Knox said looking me over.

"Oh." Was the only response I could muster as I jumped out of my seat and started collecting my things.

"Milly are you okay?" She asked seeming concerned.

"Yeah I just didn't get much sleep last night. " I lied. She nodded and smiled at me as I flung my back pack over my shoulder.  I checked my watch and noticed I only had 3 minutes to get to my locker and then class.

I rushed over to my locker and tried the combination, nothing happened, so I tried again,  then again and ohhhh what do you know again. Frustrated, I kicked my locker before taking a breath and trying again. Finally it clicked open and I did a small fist pump before loading and unloading books and supplies. I slammed it shut and turned to notice the halls cleared apart from 2 skippers and a girl running to her class. I sighed, this dream is taking too much of my energy away.

I rushed into my 2nd period and stopped short when I noticed the substitute sitting in the chair.  Great, I didn't even need my book, so the last 5 minutes of me fighting with my locker was a waste. Sighing I slumped in my chair and worked on the word search given to us, hopelessly waiting for the boy from my dream,  but he never showed.

_____

The day seemed to be getting worse. We had a boring assembly during choir, so I couldn't sing my frustration out, a test in science that I didn't do so well on cause my mind was all over the place,  and on top of that my English teacher seemed highly upset and gave us a boat load of class work and homework.

I dreaded Japanese class, only because I wasn't sure if my day could get worse, but if it could it would be in my last period of the day. I just had this feeling in my stomach that told me something was gonna happen as I made my way into the door.

I seemed to be lucky at the start of class as a sub walked through the door. He didn't give us an assignment, just headed straight to the teacher's desk on the far left. Lex looked at me with a sad smile and puppy dog eyes that made me giggle and loosen up a little more.

"What's wrong Lexi?" I asked genuinely curious.

"I talked to Sandra today." She started.

"And?" I pushed noticing that something was bothering her.

"She told me Samuel is dating Maria, and that they're like a real couple. It's not like his ex's.  He's been seriously dating her for almost a month now." I felt my stomach drop at her words but kept myself composed.

"Him and her? Like serious dating or just not after this year dating?" I asked nervous for her answer.

"Serious. It makes me mad cause he'll never notice a girl like me. He'll never be interested in a girl who has her hair up and her nose stuffed in a book." She sighed.

"Ehh, the right guy will come and you'll forget about him." I mumbled trying to convince not only her, but myself. She stated those words like someone gave her the script from my mind. I was thinking exactly that: he'll never fall for a hopeless girl like me. A nerd with her nose in her book,  opposite of the popular girl with her nose in the air. She sighed and dropped the topic.

Well here it was, I knew my day was only going to get worse, but I had no clue it was going to be from a reality check. I knew I liked him, but had no clue how much exactly. I guess if  I was getting hurt at the thought of losing something that was never mine, it was more than I hoped.

____

A/n: sorry this chapter is really late. Im trying to figure out how I can cram things that happened in four years into 2. Its kinda hard remembering some of the stuff, and trying to keep it in my perspective while making some events more false than true. Im gonna try and update sooner, but please be patient just in case.

Thanks,

-Jovy♡