Esqueleto

I didn't get much sleep last night so you can imagine my surprise when my mom barged into my room telling me that Miguel had messaged me and asked if I wanted to come over for dinner, I answered yes and had my mom drive me over there (I am 15 so I can't drive) once I arrived I was greeted by a kind old woman.

Me: Hola! Usted deber ser Miguel's abuela, Miguel me invito a cenar.

You must be Elijah.... Miguel's told me a lot about you.

Me: He has? I ask looking at her confused.

Of course... you're like a brother to him, she says smiling warmly at me.

Me: Um... Mrs. Diaz, where should I sit?

Rosa... she says simply.

Me: What? I ask.

Call me Rosa, no Mr and Mrs stuff here.

Me: Well... Rosa, is there anywhere in particular I should sit?

Rosa: No, No... the couch is fine.

I nod and sit down before I realize Miguel is nowhere to be found.

Me: Um... Rosa? Where is-

Rosa: Miguel? He's in his room... should be down any minute.

And just like Rosa said Miguel came down and greeted me.

Miguel: Hey Ermano! He said giving me a hug which I gladly returned. Ready for dinner?

Me: Are you kidding? I'm starving!

The two us then made are way to the dinner table, I helped Miguel and his set it up before his mom got home.

Hey guys! She said as she walked through the door. Sorry I'm late again... things were busy at the hospital, she said as she walked over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Miguel: It's ok... you're short staffed, his said with a shrug.

And she must've just noticed me because she looked at Miguel with a confused look on her face.

Miggy... you didn't tell me you were having friends over!

Miguel: Sorry mama, you were at work so I figured-

Nonsense... its fine, she said as she looked at Miguel who looked at her with a confused look on his face. Well... aren't you going it to introduce me to him?

Miguel: Right, sorry... mama this is-

Me: Elijah... ma'am, I say as I hold my hand out for her to shake. (Which she of course does)

Carmen... nice to meet you.

Me: Nice to meet you too, I say politely.

Carmen: So... she says as she turns her attention to the both of us. Did you two decide what you're going as for the Halloween dance?

Me: I know what I'm going as... I don't know about Miguel though.

Miguel: Well... I was thinking Deadpool, but the costumes a little pricey. 

Carmen: Well how much is it?

Miguel: It doesn't have to be Deadpool.

Carmen: If you want a Deadpool costume... we will make you a Deadpool costume!

Gotta admit... the woman is persistent, I thought to myself. But the look on Rosa's face says she doesn't agree.

Rosa: No, esto no es un taller.

Miguel laughs and begins to reach for his drink bus as he does Carmen notices the bruises on his hands.

Carmen: Oh Miggy! What happened to your hand?