Chapter 2

Louis sighed as he sat down after lunch in his classroom, waiting for seventh period to come in. He did what he usually did as he waited and graded more papers from his AP class and accelerated class. Honors were still working on their essays. They would be for another two weeks because Louis really wanted them to do well, so he gave them a lot of time to do it. He had other small assignments for them, but he was more concerned about the essays. There was still like ten minutes before the bell would ring, so he had a little time to relax.

Louis jumped when he heard a loud bang outside his classroom. It sounded like someone or something being shoved into lockers. He got up and peaked into the hall, his eyes widening at three of his students ganging up on Harry, who Louis could see was cowering away. He ripped open the door and rushed down the hall.

"Hey! Jacob! Alex! Drew! Get off the boy!" Louis scolded and pried Jacob's hands off of Harry and made sure they walked in the direction of the principles office. He told Harry to wait a moment as he walked the three dick heads to the office, letting Principle Adams know what happened. He rushed back to Harry to see him started to walk away. "Harry," Louis said. Harry turned slowly. Louis gasped at the lipstick on his forehead that spelled "Fag". "Oh Harry. Follow me," Louis led the boy to the teacher's lounge, luckily no one was there. "What exactly happened? Tell me word for word,"

"It happens," he said ashamed, looking down. "Worse things happened at my old school. This is nothing," he walked into the teacher bathroom and came out with his forehead clean of lipstick.

"Do you need to go to the nurse?" Louis asked.

"No, I'm okay," Harry stated. "I'm used to this. I've faced worse. I swear," Louis smiled weakly.

"Is this your lunch period?" Louis asked. Harry nodded.

"D-Do you think I could come sit in your classroom until the bell rings?"

"That's fine with me," Louis smiled. The two left the room and went to Louis' room, Harry sitting in a seat. There was only a few minutes left of sixth period, so they just did their own thing. Harry just wanted to be away from the cafeteria. When the bell rang, he thanked Louis and ran to class.

Harry took in his seat in his math class, right in the front row because no other seats were available. He looked up when one of Jacob's friends stood by his desk.

"Hey Harry," he said. Harry gulped and looked up, not knowing how to react. "I'm Jason," Harry nodded.

"Yeah, I know," he wasn't one of the guys that ganged up on the boy today in the hall. "Whatever you're going to to, can it wait for the period to be over? I don't want to miss class," Jason frowned lightly.

"N-No, I actually wanted to apologize. On behalf of Jacob," Harry finally looked the boy in the eyes. "You didn't deserve that. You don't deserve any of it. What they did was disgusting. I'm sorry I didn't keep them from doing that and humiliating you," Harry managed a smile. A real one.

"Really? You mean what you say?" Jason nodded and sat next to him. "Thank you," he said softly and shyly. "I know seeing a boy in a skirt and make up is strange, but I promise I can be a good friend,"

"I don't think it's weird or strange. Wanna hang out after school today?" He asked. Harry was taken by surprise. No one ever asked him to hang out.

"U-Uh I would, but I'm staying after with Mr. Tomlinson today. You know, to get help catching up on school work," Jason face a single nod.

"How about after?" Harry couldn't help but truly smile.

"Sure," Harry said and smiled, a blush creeping onto his cheeks.