morning routine

this'll be the last thing i post for a while

this oneshot has been in my drafts since march...M A R C H

enjoy :)

- peppermint

-----

clementine cracked her knuckles and rolled her neck, exhaling deeply. the garage was cold, causing goosebumps to raise on her skin. it was only 8am, and on a sunday, people would think that's way too early to get up.

but it was her morning routine.

"okay, here we go."

she grabbed onto the pull-up bar above her, readjusting her grip. 

she raised her chin slowly above the bar, then back down again, just as slowly.

after twenty reps, her lungs ached. her biceps flexed and her abs clenched as she kept going.

sweat beaded her brow, and her breaths came out short and rapid. she set her feet down on the ground,  drying her sweaty hands on her baggy shorts.

as she regained her breath, the door opened, revealing a slightly disheveled, messy haired violet.

clementine gave her girlfriend a tired smile.

"you're up early."

violet just yawned, making her way over to clementine. she wrapped her arms around the brunette's waist, kissing her on the shoulder.

"mmm~" violet murmured.

clementine giggled as she re-gripped the metal bar above her head. "you're so cute."

violet re-positioned her arms so that they were wrapped around clementine's neck. she jumped up, wrapping her legs around clementine's waist.

clementine grinned. "really, vi?"

"hmm," the blonde grunted indignantly, nuzzling her head into clementine's neck.  

clementine rolled her eyes good naturedly, taking a deep breath before continuing her pull-ups.

pulling your own weight plus another hundred sixty pounds was a hard thing to do, but clementine only had to do ten reps before she got into a rhythm. 

after fifty reps, something soft tickled her neck. she tried to ignore it, trying to stay in her workout head space.

the tickling continued, more insistent.

she started giggling, which made it difficult for her to pull herself up. her arms shook, weak from her laughter.

violet hummed as she continued kissing clementine's neck, obviously holding back her own laugh.

"baby," clementine said, breathless. "please, i'm gonna drop us."

"mhhmm."

clementine let go of the bar, pulling violet away from her neck with one hand while supporting her body with the other.

"noooo~" the blonde whined, trying to go back to her previous spot.

clementine laughed, lowering violet onto the floor. "you want attention, right?"

"yeah."

clementine leaned down, kissing violet on the nose. "you want coffee?"

"yes, please," violet held out her arms. "carry me."

clementine sighed, grinning, before kneeling on the ground in front of violet, letting the blonde get onto her back.

"you're so needy," clementine said, trekking to the kitchen.

violet softly kissed the back of clementine's neck. "you love me."

"yeah, i do."