(sixteen)- Emalynne pov

"Damon that's not fair! I wanna see them before we leave!" I yelled chasing him down the stairs.

"Adam we have more boxes upstairs" damon said, ignoring my pleas.

"Damon!"

"One, that isn't how you address me. And two you don't run the show, I do." He walked through to the kitchen.

"Daddy please. I haven't seen them since August! Its nearly May!"

"Emalynne I have too much on my plate right now." He sighed and grabbed the packing tape from the counter.

"They're my parents! You cleared my name months ago. Why can't I go see them?!"

"Don't raise your voice with me."

I blocked the doorway.
"Please. I'll go alone. I'll be good. I'll have you on the phone the whole time. I don't wanna leave if it means I can't see my parents ever again."

He sighed
"Fine. You can go. Sam will go with you."

"Fine. Sam!!" I walked away yelling up the stairs.

"Emmy!" He yelled back.

"Damon says you have to come with me to my parents house!!"

A hand hit my ass hard.
"Refer to me as Damon one more time and you won't be going anywhere."

when he had his back turned I just mocked him.

Sam came down the stairs with his car keys.
"Bye Damon"

I ran out before he could stop me, sam running after me.

"He's gonna beat your ass"

"I like it" I shrugged. I gave him directions to my parents house.

I saw my moms car in the drive, so I knew she was home.

I knocked on the door, sam not too far behind.

"I'll get it!!" I heard from inside. My mom opened the door and stared me in the face.

"Hi, mom."

"Emalynne?"

"I'm sorry its been so long. Things have been... Crazy"

She pulled me into a hug and squeezed me tight.
"Are you back?"

"No mom. I'm moving away.. I just needed to see you before I went. Where's dad?"

"He's gone. After you left and the talk with... Damien?-"

"Damon"

"Oh right. Him and I split up. He couldn't handle not having you here."

"Oh.. So where is he now?"

"Last I knew somewhere in the Maldives." She sighed.

"Who's here then?"

"My friend, Paul."

"Friend?" I asked.

"Boyfriend." she smiled, "can you come in?"

"We have a lot of packing to do-"

"She can" sam cut me off. "I'm sam. Her best friend."

"Hi sam" they shook hands.

I walked in and noticed how different it was. Pictures of where our family used to be, now replaced with mom and me. And mom and paul.

"New paint" I noticed the new tan walls that used to be a white.

"Needed a change" she said. "We were thinking about moving to a new house but I wanted you to be able to find me"

"Oh" I looked around.

"Hey honey wh- emalynne?"

A tall older looking dude popped out from the corner.
"You must be paul" I smiled. "Hi."

"Hi. Its so good to finally meet you. I've only seen pictures. Wow you look so different."

"Yeah. I chopped a few inches off my hair and got more in shape." I said. "Thank you. For taking care of mom. I'm glad she's not alone and has someome with her."

"She's the light of my life"

I smiled and both of them.
"Can I go up to my room?"

"Of course. I've not touched a thing"

I lead Sam up the stairs and to the white door with Emmy written on it in yellow paint.

My bed was still made and my book bag sitting near the door.

"Wow" Sam looked around. "You lived a different life."

"I did" I laughed. My awards for best academics were hung on the wall.

Sams phone beeped and he sighed.
"We have to go"

"Okay"

I grabbed the picture of me and mom off my bedside table and headed down the stairs.

"Hey mom. We have to go. I'll call. If you see dad tell him I said hey and that I love him" I hugged her tight. as tight as I possibly could. Knowing that I probably won't see her again for a long time. "Please keep her safe Paul"

"Always"

"I love you sweet pea"

"i love you most mom"

I waved as I walked out. And broke down the second we left the driveway.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm never gonna see her again" I sobbed.

"You don't know that"

"Its been 9 months and I've been living only a drive away and I just saw her. You really think Damon's gonna let me fly here to see her? I hate him sometimes. I hate that he stole me from my family. And I hate that I love him"

"You don't mean that"

I just held the picture frame to my chest and cried more. When we pulled up into the driveway neither of us got out.

"You let me know when you're ready and we can go in" sam said. "Cause if you go in now, you and Damon are gonna fight and its gonna be bad"

"He took everything from me" I looked at Sam. "Why'd I let him take them away"

"You didnt let him do anything. But you guys love each other. Sure this isn't romeo and juliet." he wiped my face with his hand, "but you don't hate him. Youre just upset."

"Sam you don't understand" I whispered and looked at my lap, "I love him so much... But I hate him too."

"Emalynne. You can't say that. And I'm telling you now.. Don't say it again." sam said. "he loves you a lot. But if you try to get away or do something stupid.. He can't risk going to jail for a lifetime."

"i know. I wouldn't do that to him."

A knock on my window made me jump. I looked up at Damon who looked confused as to why we were still in the car. His face softened when he saw mine.

He pulled on the handle.. Only to find it was locked. I pressed the button and he opened my door.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" He knelt down and examined my body.

"No"

"why are you crying?"

"I'm never gonna see her again" I looked at him as my eyes filled with tears.

"Come on" He helped me out of the car and pulled me into his chest. "You'll see them again. I'll make sure of it. Okay? Don't cry baby."