The soilders at her side, a total number of eight, were highly trained, secretive men had give a vow of loyalty to the Duke. This was the only way he could think for Luka's barbaric way to be kept quiet.  

For Lukas, the Duke was willing to break the hunt's rules if Lukas would just kill something. He didn't want to have to take his daughter for outings instead. He might not want to admit, but someone like Luka was not going to inspire many suitors to come her hand.

For now, he could only hope.

Luka bounced once more in her seat, fidgeting with her dress so that the sneak tale gliding behind her wouldn't be as obvious. The loud thumping sound of her tail hitting the chair was enough to give it away.

"Put that away." Lukas murmured, closing his book to stare at his sister.

Luka bowed her head, moping. "I wanna go already. Can't we just start!?" Her heart was practically pounding with anticipation.

"Not until the bell rings. You were the one who set the rules, you should remember these things." Lukas chided induglingly. This was true. Both had come together to read sets of rules for famous hunts that had been quite popular to see if they could get a perfect set of rules. The set up execution, planning, it was all done by these two.

Of course, even if Luka wanted to it by herself, Lukas had still been their to help. If not, Luka's excitement might had her bouncing off the walls.

Lukas pretty much kept quiet about the fact that he found her fidgeting to be adorable, and that's why he was there. it wouldn't hurt if she didn't know. There was also the problem of the constant roaring in his head of Luka going 'uuuuggggghhhhh' in his head every time she opened a book. 

Soon enough, the bell went off and Luka was immediately out the little half door. She sped to her place, right beside a set of horses, her own horse standing proud and tall. He was one of the few horses in this feild  who was from the mansion's stable. The other contestants all had common horses that alot of these knights seemed to disdain..

They'd likely never ridden on such a low quality horse. 

Lukas followed suit, book still in hand and a bow and arrow idly hanging off his shoulder. Behind the twins marched 8 perfectly uniform men, which made all the house guards look wimpy in comparison. It all emphasized how much the noble had compared to the common knights.

All mounted, thrumming with anticipation. A few scattered boys talked to their neighbors in hushed, anxious tones while other quietly tried to stop the shaking of their hands. Some were conflicted and did not want to participate, as being some little girl's knight did not seem up to their standard.   

Luka, however, ignored all glances and was chatting with the horse. Although it might sound adorable, it really only seemed like a one sided conversation in other's eyes.

"Seven, have you had a good rest. We're going to be out alot."

Yes. Thank you. He said slowly and careful. He snorted and pushed his head against hers, which was just a short lowering of his neck for him. You be careful. Don't get hurt.

"I promise I won't. I plan to go after a bunch of smaller animal cause they're way more fun to catch.  Anyway, if we encounter any bigger beasts, you can just trample then to death I can't." She poked up her chin to hide her  triumphant grin. In the all time she had spent with Seven, she'd learned he could trample almost any animal to death.

Seven just snorted. Then I would get the point.

"Hey! No fair, we're a team!" Luka posted.

Who told you that?

"Father did. He said you have to obey me now." She pointed an angry finger at him, poking his snout. His dark eyes stared at her blankly, obviously mocking her for being stupid, which caused her to pout again. "You're a jerk." She whispered before mounting him, looking quite small in her large saddle.

Lukas climbed on behind her, looking apathetic as Luka told him all about how rude Seven was. Soon enough, a loud bang went off a the horses set off. The twins' horse was slowly guided behind a circle of guards despite how desprately she wanted to set off. It seems that it was going to be a long day for everyone.

| Author's Note |

Luka has problems. As I write more, I figure that I should do what makes me most comfortable instead of struggling to write something I don't want to. First Person is actually getting harder as I go on, so I've decided to set up another event chapter to see if I can handle that. It's a three part-er, so watch out!

Also, I'm currently looking for a willing editor to fill in gaps and mistakes I might have made while writing. I understand that some of sentences don't make sense, but that's only cause I have the habit of looking away from the keyboard, as well as skipping words.  So, anyone?

Unedited. 1450 words.