Kate Callahan

Maddy's P.O.V.

It's Monday morning and Spencer and I have both been able to return to work. I've seen everyone this morning but Hotch. Probably in his office, dealing with matters about losing Blake. Spencer told me about it the morning after he came back. I may not have known her as long as the rest of the team, but she was still my friend and helped me out a lot.

"Round table. No case yet though." JJ tells me after reading a text on her phone. We enter the room to find Hotch with a lady with dark hair down to her shoulders.

Once everybody is in the room, Hotch begins "So, we all know we have lost Blake recently. She moved up to Boston by her husband. Now, we have a new team member, Kate Callahan. She is a seasoned FBI agent, her specialty was undercover operations." Hotch tells us. A lot less than what was told about me when I first joined . We all welcome her to the team. Hotch looks at his phone then tells us "We have a case. I'm getting everyone files. Garcia, can you please pull it up?"

"Of course I can." She tells him as she does a few simple things to present the case to us.

"Well, someone has killed three people in the last month. He has severed there limbs, making them impossible to identify." Garcia explains showing us the pictures.

"What do you think he's doing to the limbs?" Questions JJ.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he's feeding his own fetish." States Rossi.

"Alright. We are boarding the plane shortly." Hotch tells us.

Before we know it, we are on the plane, headed to our destination. On our way, we discuss the case and it's evidence and are assigned on what to do when we arrive. I will begin with analyzing the case and Spencer doing the same. As we hold our discussion, I wonder what could possibly make someone to have a fetish with lifeless arms and legs. I suppose that maybe they don't, and it's just a good way to rid of evidence. With some research, we do find a suspect. Rossi and the new agent, Callahan will be going to his home to look for any clues pointing that he is our unsub.

As soon as we land, we get right to work. Reid begins mapping, I begin analyzing. When Rossi and Callahan return, they have a man in tow. They bring him to the interrogation room.

Not after long, I'm brought with the news "Well, he isn't the killer. He just purchases the frozen limbs to support his fetish" Rossi explains. Morgan calls up Garcia and puts her on speaker phone so she can narrow down the guy. Then, Kate and Penelope get into a conversation about cute pictures of animals.

"But have you seen the one with the baby elephant?!" Exclaims agent Callahan. Who knew she had a soft side. I already like her and I barely know her.

"Yes! And the one with the little polar bear?" Garcia says in excitement right back. Hotch just gives a 'what are you two talking about but I know it's not related to work' look and Kate apologizes, though no one minded their cheerful banter. I mean come on, we are looking for a guy who sells peoples limbs.

As I continue working, I notice Spencer is quite jumpy. He seems almost like he's in pain. "Are you alright, Spencer?" I ask him in the afternoon.

"I've been getting these headaches for the past few years. The doctors couldn't find the cause of them. I haven't had one for a while, but I do now."

"Is there anything I can do? Get you ibuprofen or something?" I ask him, not wanting him to feel pain.

"No. I'll be fine."

"Is there anything else bothering you?" I ask Spencer because it seems as if there is more bothering him.

"Schizophrenia is passed on genetically. You tend to find it in your twenties."

"I know this must be a scary time for you Spencer. Well, I don't personally know but I'm trying to understand. Several people have probably told you that."

"The first sentence was a direct quote from Morgan, just a few years ago."

"Whatever happens, it'll all work out. You'll still have the team and I to fall back on"

"But what if I don't? What if I can't do this anymore because of my mental stability?" Says Spencer on the verge of tears.

"We will still be here for you. But we'll make it work. I promise you that, Spencer. I promise I'll do everything in my power to make sure you'll never lose us." Then, he just loses his composure entirely and begins sobbing into my shoulder. I hold him, knowing there's nothing more than this gesture to comfort him.

"I'm sorry." He whispers to me in a raspy voice from crying.

"There's nothing to be sorry about Spencer"

"Alright. Let's get back to work." Says Spencer, getting himself together. We work well into the night. And finally, we find our guy. Callahan, Morgan, Rossi, JJ, and Hotch go out to raid with the SWAT team, leaving Spencer and I behind, waiting for them to arrive back.

When they arrive back, around 4:00am, they have our unsub. Hotch and Rossi head to the interrogation room as they explain what happend.

"Well, he had a girl and he cut of one of her arms. She pretended to be in love with him so she could earn his trust and eventually escape. She was in the midst of running away and we found her in the middle of the road. Quite a clever strategy, actually. It saved her life." JJ explains to Reid and I who missed the action. We board the plane at 5:45 and begin flying back home. JJ, Morgan, and Callahan have a discussion about their battle scars. Spencer and I sit in a different part of the plane.

"How are you doing now?" I ask, genuinely concerned.

"It's getting better." He tells me. And I believe him, he is looking a lot better off then he was this afternoon.

"Alright. I just don't want you to be in pain, emotionally or physically. I can tell you're worrying about this a lot."

"I'll be fine."

"Isn't that what everybody says when they aren't fine?" I ask, but it's not really a question.

"I'll remember that." He tells me. He'll probably end up quoting me when I tell him I'm fine. He wraps his arm around me and I rest my head on him, but we don't fall asleep, despite not having slept for over 24 hours.

"So, how are the two lovebirds doing?" Morgan asks, walking up to us. Actually, no one is asleep.

"The two lovebirds are doing great." I tell Morgan,

"We should probably get some rest now." Says Spencer, looking very tired. He probably hasn't slept well in quite awhile, judging by the circles under his eyes. The rest of the team falls asleep, leaving me the only one awake for about an hour or so. I begin and complete a book as they're doing so, not wanting to slip into my own thoughts quite now. In about an hour, we touch back down in Quantico and wake up just to go back to sleep again shortly in the security of our own homes.