Chapter 26: The Awards

Start from the beginning

I glanced over at Serenity, confused, as she just stared up at Roger.

"Yeah I have."

"Well we are looking for young and new faces for our women's talk podcast. I think you would make a perfect candidate, actually. Would you be interested?" He asks taking me completely by surprise. I was taken off guard by his entire presences and now he was looking for me to take a job on the spot?

"Um, can I sleep on it?"

He smiles. "Sure. I don't want to take up too much of your time but here's my card. If your interested give me a call." He dug in his suit jacket before passing me a card. I reluctantly accepted the small black paper before he smiled and excused hisself.

"Okay, what was that?" Serenity snickered taking the card and reading over it.

"I have no clue. I barely said two things during that interview outside." I mutter taking the card and stuffing into my clutch. "Let's just keep this between us."

Serenity nods then went back to her seat just as Chris approached. He smiles at me and takes my hand into his just as the lights started to dim and all seat began to fill.

As the show went on Chris won award after award. Starting off with best male R&B, then collaboration of the year until finally the moment I've been anticipating. His performance. I became so nervous leading up to it I couldn't understand why. He came out singing She Ain't You and my heart pound with love watching as everyone stood up and stared at Chris in awe.

He made a smooth transition into the next song bringing out Busta Rhymes, the crowd went crazy. Though with me it was something about watching him move, dancing so effortlessly. Like he was literally born to do this.

When Paper, Scissors, Rock came on Chris showed out even more. Oddly enough I was turned on after his solo. He looked so edible.

"Okay, the look on your face says you're ready to risk it all. Do I need to ride in the another car back?" Serenity giggled once the performance was over.

"You just might." I gulp crossing my legs in my seat.

********

When the show was finally over and off air, we retrieved backstage where Chris texted me to meet him. I found myself getting jitters from being so excited to see him. I was so proud! He was so worried no one would support him once he released FAME now he had four awards to prove otherwise. Me, Serenity, EJ, Joyce and Christine all stood towards the back entrance waiting for Chris while he was with the tech crew.

When he walked out and notice us, his smile widen.

"Aye, Chris, we'll be seeing you tonight?" Kevin called out to Chris causing him to turn around. Chris simply nod before turning back to us.

"Congratulations, baby! Your performance was everything!" I gushed basically jumping into his arm. Chris chuckles and thanks me while wrapping his arms around me before kissing me deeply.

"Good job, angel. I'm so proud of you." Once he pulled away, Joyce and Christine hugged him as well.

"You killed it, bro." EJ agrees.

"Where are you gonna put all those awards at now?" Serenity asks, Chris shrugs.

"I'll figure something out." He says before interlocking his hand into mine. "We should get out of here though before the traffic gets crazy."