21 Make Your Choice

It's been about a day since that awful day..
Hyakkimaru pace was pretty fast.. me and dororo couldn't keep up.

" bro what's the big hurry?!"

Hyakkimaru stopped and turned to look at us.
I instantly stopped and looked into his eyes...
I'd be lying if I said me and Hyakkimaru haven't been very close since then..
In all honesty he's scaring me..
During my shock episode walk with the priest he told me something..
Something I can't forget..

———————————————————————

" I know you're not in your right mind right now...but if you can.. please listen.."

My hands shaking and my mind and eyes a daze I tried to focus on the priest words..

" Hyakkimaru is coming out of his cave...that is true...but what's coming out isn't very pleasant..
He's turning into a demon...or a type of one...I saw it starting when he killed those humans...but it's only getting worse.."

I looked up at him slowly..
He looked at me and said.

" remember me visiting your village...remember whenever I visited your mother always kicked you out..well cause we were discussing about you...your true purpose.."

The priest frowned and said.

" your last promise your mom gave me was to keep this to myself...but at this point I can't..you need to figure out how to fix things.."

I opened my mouth but no words came out..guess I can't talk yet..

" your soul is in fact blessed by the goddess of mercy...but that's not all...your soul..is a piece of the goddess of mercy.."

I looked at him.. what is he saying?

" the reason why your whole village had a special gift, was because each one had the same soul.. your whole village is a descendant of a child the goddess of mercy had..which was a human child
..a nephilim.
You (y/n) are a descendent of that nephilim... you maybe the only one who can calm a demon soul..so I'm telling you this because tahomaru is going down the same twisted road...your time of choosing is close.."

—————————————————————

Remembering all this was a bit much..
Is tahomaru really going down this path too..
I still don't know who to choose...

" hey...what's wrong.."

I looked up and meet with Hyakkimaru and dororos eyes.

" o-oh...nothing.."

Hyakkimaru huffed and said.

" let's move.."

Me and dororo slumped our shoulders..
But stopped when We heard horses.

" get out of the way!!"

We stood on the edge and I saw their empires symbols..

" hey..that's Askura scouts...why are they coming from daigo.."

Hyakkimaru instantly turned around after I said that and said.