Chapter 4 - It's A Date

Start from the beginning

"That's it!" Those simple words summoned a Riolu, a Scraggy, and a Houndour. Phe smirked, worrying internally nonetheless. While Cubone could get rid of that Houndour, he's never been tried in battle and his moves were still a mystery. Espeon could get rid of the Riolu easily but the two Dark-types were gonna be a problem.

The foes weren't gonna let her sit and think it out, instead shouting out their orders one after another. "Riolu, Quick Attack!"

"Scraggy, Feint Attack!"

"Houndour, Bite!"

Phe snapped out of her doubts, countering with ease. "Espeon, Protect!" The two Dark and one Normal move crashed against the light blue barrier with no remorse. It didn't work no matter how hard they tried to push through it, their fangs and fists quickly diminishing from their glow. "Psychic!" Espeon's shield faded, giving her the perfect opportunity to throw the three into the ground in front of their trainers. They did so harshly, Riolu taking quite a hit but Espeon wasn't quite done with him. Out of turn, Espeon shot a Psybeam down their entire line of damaged Pokémon. The dust cleared, showing an unconscious Riolu and two relatively fine Dark-types.

"You're gonna pay for that! Scraggy, Feint Attack once more!"

"Ember!"

Phe gave no orders, waiting for the perfect moment. Scraggy rushed once more, Houndour staying back and firing its attack. It barely took any time, but Espeon dodged last second. Scraggy hit the ground instead of the leaping Sun Pokémon, scowling for only a second because it got hit by friendly fire. Scraggy growled at his ally but his rage was short-lived. "Espeon, Psybeam with collateral!" Espeon fired perfectly when she hit the ground, blasting Scraggy into the Fire-type nearby. The two crashed into the wall, kicking up a cloud of dust that caused their trainers to cough.

The two stumbled back to their feet, hurt but not out of the battle. Their trainers weren't too happy, hitting back with the same move that provided the same dangerous risk. "Dark Pulse!"

"Protect!"

"Shadow Ball!"

A new player entered the game, shooting above the victims' head and countering the double Dark Pulse. Despite the type disadvantage, the Shadow Ball combatted it equally and caused a minor explosion. The new fighter leaped above the very heads that they protected, getting into view a second later. A shiny Absol carried its trainer, a blonde girl with pale skin, as it bounded off the wall. "X-Scissor!" The Absol's horn glowed a pale green, an 'X' of the attack summoned by it swinging its head. The two Pokémon were hit again, Scraggy fainting from the quadruple damage done while Houndour was barely left standing. Landing, the girl held herself with a certain regality despite being jostled by the stop. "Finish off this act with Stone Edge!" Absol did so easily, stomping one of its feet to punt the Houndour to its trainer with a rock.

"Let's go!"

"This Absol is crazy!"

"Crazy bitches!"

Phe raised an eyebrow in question of the need for a curse word but was quickly distracted by the girl turning to them. "Are all of you alright?" Her proper voice instantly pinged Phe's radar of 'WTH' or 'What The Heck?', even so, both of them nodded. "Oh, you are the boy who took Chespin as your starter, aren't you?" She stared directly at the ravenette who nodded sheepishly. "Interesting. Please be more careful. I do have to be on my way, have a good day."

She left, Absol running off and turning the corner towards the Pokémon Center and disappearing from sight. It took a moment for Phe to simply shrug it off, leaning down to Espeon and congratulating the Psychic-type in a soft murmur. "U-Umm," Phe turned her head, making the ravenette flinch when their green and hazel eyes met. "T-Thanks... A-Any way I could r-repay you?"