THIRTY-FOUR

THIRTY-FOUR – Let Go [Victoria]

I woke as I felt my cat choke. What the hell was going on? As I came to consciousness, I found my body struggling for breath. Found my lungs burning with the need for oxygen. Saw the wolf standing over me and the clouded leopard hanging from the same wolf's neck.

Instinct made me grab any power I could find and shove it into the Omega wolf above me. Let go!

The wolf winced and did the opposite to what I wanted her to do, she clamped her jaw shut even more than she had before.

I could feel Lex's horror at all that had happened. Could feel his mind slipping, and his tiger become enraged with fact that I was near death. I tried to think. I tried to find a way out of this mess, but I couldn't see one. All I could think about was the need for air.

I felt the wolf's growl vibrate against my throat. It was a nasty sensation and just as I felt as though I was going to pass out, the wolf let go and yelped. Spinning away from me.

I didn't move but to flop onto my side. Panting and feeling a nose nudge me, I knew it was Lex.

Vic! Vic, are you okay? I couldn't do anything! I'm sorry, Vic. Are you okay? Do you need help? What do you want?

I stopped his rant by asking my own question. Where's the Omega wolf?

Fighting the clouded leopard.

Is the clouded leopard okay?

I heard a huff of laughter come from Lex. Okay? She's playing with the wolf right now while the wolf is giving her everything she's got. Her Omega powers aren't working on the clouded leopard.

Is that normal?

Omega powers work on all but the insane.

And the clouded leopard is insane?

Yes.

So why did she listen to me?

She likes you. I think. And listening to Layke, and seeing how she's fighting for you, I'd say that she's just found her new master.

What?

I think she's claimed you as her master.

No.

If she has, you don't have much choice.

Can't one of your brothers look after her?

Unless she chooses them, no.

As our conversation came to an end, I felt my breathing return to normal. Rolling to my feet, I leant against Lex as I wobbled a little.

Trying to find a mental link to the clouded leopard, I let my cat take over for that part. I knew the moment she found it because the clouded leopard pushed off the Omega wolf and looked at me. My cat send a message to the clouded leopard, it was one I already knew I didn't want to hear. Nor did I want to see, but, as I watched the clouded leopard stop playing and kill the Omega wolf, I knew that I had to start accepting death to survive. I didn't have much choice.

Howls of the wolves split the air then as the clouded leopard came over to me and rubbed against my fur. Their howls were of despair for loosing their three Omega's.

The fight after that became easier. The wolves were less confident with three of their Omega's gone. As we werecats ran for where the others were still fighting, we mowed them down like they were simple blades of grass. Lex, Lusan, and the clouded leopard stuck with me. I let my cat take over.

Part way through, I saw that some wolf's were more defensive that those who wanted to fight. It was then that I also noticed it was only the higher ranking wolves wanting to fight. With that, I sent a message out to kill any Alpha wolf that was offensive. Then after that to take out any further offensive wolves, to leave the defensive until later on.

The wolves eventually seemed to catch on, and the defensive wolves moved out of our way. Some of the offensive wolves were turning on the defensive as they tried to back out the fight. Alpha-law, I realised, the Alpha's had used Alpha-law on them to make them fight whether they had wanted to or not.

As the sky started to lighten, the fight started to calm. But it wasn't over yet. Looking around, I couldn't see any of the defensive wolves. Butting my head against Lex's as sounds of victory rang through the air, I then took off in a direction where I had seen several wolves depart.

Ten minutes of running later with Lex, Lusan, and the clouded leopard on my tail, we caught up to the wolves. Immediately, they perceived us as a threat and arched themselves to make them bigger, baring their fangs at me.

Coming to a stop near them. I shifted. The leader of the small pack of wolves seemed to see that I only wanted to talk. After looking at his pack, he followed suit and shifted. I spread my Omega power over him to make his shift easier.

"Thank you," he said as his shift finished.

"Why did you attack us?" I asked. "Was it just because I killed the Alpha wolf?"

The wolf blinked his human boring brown eyes at me. He was physically fit and had dark blonde hair. I kept my eyes on his face, refusing to let my eyes wonder since we were both naked. The wolves kept their eyes away, and the cats behind me did the same. Of course, that would probably change if a fight broke out.

"The Omega's came to our Alpha and said that we were all going to war to save all of our packs," he started. "They even told our Alpha to use Alpha-law on all of us to make sure that we would all fight."

I felt Lusan shift behind me. Again I spread my Omega power. I felt his thanks in my head. Once his shift was done, he stood next to me and spoke. "In one week, you and the one you will call Alpha over all other Alpha's until an Omega is born, will come to my fathers house. We will form a treaty."

"A treaty?" the male wolf asked.

"For territory. Laws. Peace for all were's but the insane."

The wolf glanced at the clouded leopard that had moved forward as Lusan had spoken.

Seeing the wolf look at the clouded leopard, Lusan spoke. "She will be fine unless Victoria lets her loose or dies."

I went to question Lusan, but at his quick glance I realised that questions would have to be asked later rather than now.

"Agreed?" Lusan asked. Even though it was clear in his voice that he wouldn't be happy if the wolf didn't agree.

"I and one other will be here in one week," the wolf agreed.

Lusan only nodded before shifting back. At the end of the conversation, I spread my power as Lusan finished his shift and wolf and I shifted back to our animal forms.

We returned to Christopher's as the wolves continued on their way. I already had a plan in mind. Shower. Food. Bed. In that order.

As I came to the last of those three with Lex snuggled against my back, I realised that I would have to return to the "normal" world tomorrow. School. I groaned as I fell asleep.

Vote? Comment? Thank you!