chapter one

" we will be landing soon " the flight attendant said i look out the window and saw lights " new york, new york " I thought

* * * *

" have a safe trip " the flight attendant said " thank you " I said as I flash her a smile and i follow everyone out and to get our bags as I wait I saw four guys they spoke danger but they all were black and leather jackets. They were all different yet alike. I kept my distance and tried not to look at them. I had spray painted a circle on my bag I spot it and grab it I look around and saw alot of people I felt panic start in my chest and felt the need to run but i kept breathing and fought my way through the people " flight 288 is delayed " a woman spoke into the intercom. I walk up to the desk. " shhhh shhhhh sorry " I stuttered " it's okay take your time " the lady said " shhhh shhhh can you show shhhh me shhhh the cheapest places to go ? " I stutter " I'll write it honey " the lady said she had blond hair,blue eyes,pale skin. she was very pretty. I look around me again and saw a male he spoke danger too but he was very attractive. shoulder length brown hair wore a brown coat white shirt underneath it and had a brown bag over his shoulder. We made eye contact but i quickly turn away and look back to the lady. " Brown eyes " I thought " there's a holet you shouldn't go to hun its the continental " the lady said " why ? " I asked " bad people and it will most likely get you killed and i dont want a sweet thing like you get killed " the lady said i nod " uh thank you for your help " I said as I grab my bag, turning around and bump into someone I felt a warm hand grab my arms and steady me I look up and saw the male I saw ealier everything in me told me to walk away but once I lock eyes with him i melt. " I'm sorry " we said at the sametime i nod and look away blushing " im sorry i didn't notice you you are so short " the male said " well that was rude " I said and walk away from the male. I felt my phone vibarnt I look down and saw it was my fiancé calling :

" what? " i answer as i walk out of the airport and try to flag down a taxi

" do you have any idea how dangerous that is ?! Of course not you just left your dad, your family what is wrong with you ?! "

" right now you are my problem cory! And I'm done with this conversation you need to figure out what you want in life "

I hung up the phone with cory and felt tears sting my eyes I waved down a taxi but they ingored me and i stood there crying my eyes out I saw a mustang drive this way and that's when they stop in front of me and the male i saw ealier was in the driver's seat " Get in " the male said i just stared at him like he was crazy. I tried a taxi again but they ingored me and drove off. " get in " the male said i ingored him as i quickly turn around and walk back towards the airport. I saw five men with guns coming out i duck and drop to the ground i heard four gunshots as they began to shoot. i heard a car run up on the sidewalk and a door opening. " get in " the man said I just layed there I saw the man crawl out and reach for me I quickly reacted and moved away but saw a shooter had me in his sights and the man grab my legs and pulled me towards him.  " stay back " I said as I was leaning on his car as bullet was flying around us. " look I'm trying to help you my name is John " john said as he turns towards me " okay john shhhhh leave me alone " i stutter as i quickly look above the car and to the entrance but john grab my arm and yank me down on the ground pushing my head to the ground " get off! " I said panic as my mind began to race as he began to dig through my pockets. " Shhhhh shhhh take shhhhh what shhhhh ever you want just don't hurt me " I stutter as I felt john take my wallet. " I'm not going to hurt you " John said I heard gunshots again and soon three shooters was dead as John return fire. John quickly released me but had a foot on my back I moved my head to look up at him to study him so i can tell the police everything. John held the gun up but didn't shoot. John look at his gun and load. he soon looks down at me. I saw the fourth shooter run.  " Okay cherish this is how it's going to go down you will get in my car I will drive you to a holet and you will stay in the room til I call for you understood " john said as he held out a hand for me to take and i took it as john help me up, that's when the security guard finally came out and john quickly pulled me to him and had a gun to my head I held my breath afriad to breath " breath it's okay you're safe " john mutters in my ear I whimper and moved my head away from john. " close you're eyes " john said i didn't close my eyes as john shot the guards and push me inside the car along with my bag and got in the driver's seat and we took off.

I began to shake and felt tears stream down my face and i couldn't breath I gasp for air " im guessing you didnt listen " john said but sigh and i felt a hand gently grab my hand and drew circles john turn on the radio and some rock music came out of it but i couldn't concentrate all i saw was john shooting them security guards like it was nothing to him. That's when I heard linkin park numb on the radio with a shakey hand i turn the radio up and closed my eyes trying to ground myself, trying to pull myself out of my panic attack. I look over at john as he drove I began to calm down " if he really wanted to kill me he would have back there " I thought john look over at me and we stared at eachother til I could breath once again and my heart wasn't in my ears anymore. " better ? " john ask as he quickly look back at the road i nod but clear my throat " Yeah " I mutter " Good. how about dinner and a drink ? " john ask " sounds good " I said " what the fuck am I doing with a murderer ? " I thought I look out the window and saw johns reflection. " a very attractive murderer at that " i thought as i shook my thoughts and heard tennessee whiskey by Chris Stapleton my dad's ringtone. " shit.. " I said as I quickly look for it but couldn't find it I saw john dig through his pocket and pull out my phone. I answered it quickly.

" shhhhhhhh hello "

" cherish dawn westfall what the fuck are you doing running away ? "

" shhhh shhhh I'm not run shhhh ning away i just shhh wanted to get shhhh away for a day or two "

" cherish you shouldn't have took off like that it's dangerous especially in New York city! "

" shhhh I'm sorry dad I will shhhh be very shhhhh careful I love you "

I hung up the phone as my phone hit my lap I cried " son of a bitch you are so stupid ! , You are going to get yourself killed! Stupid ass bitch! " I thought

" How about that drink ? " john ask as he park the car in front of a building i paled as it said " continental " " I don't know " I said " it's safe i promise you " john said as i look at him " what are you ? " I ask " human " john said with a straight face. i blush and turn my gaze somewhere else and look back at john. " shhhhh I know that shhhh but what shhh do you do shhhhh for a living ? " I stutter John's once warm , kind brown eyes turn cold hard. " assassin " john said as john got out of the car and came around my side " come " john said as he held his hand i gulp and stared at his hand. " if he wanted to kill you he would have " I kept repeating in my head. I grab his hand and enter the continental hotel...