1.7

LONDON

LONDON.

Steve stood alone in the church as others have left. He was heartbroken Peggy had died, especially since she was all he had from his old life.

Natasha came up to him, smiling sadly. "When I came out of the ice, I thought I wanted to ignore she was gone. When I found out that she was alive, I was just lucky to have her." Steve told her, glancing at the ceiling.

"She'd had you're back too," Natasha told him. "Who else signed it?" Steve took down towards her. "Tony, Rhodey, Vision."

"Clint?" Steve asked. He had not heard from the archer in a while. "Says he retired," Natasha replied with an amused smile. "Nadia and Wanda?"

"TBD. I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There is plenty of room on the jet." She paused. "Just because it's the path of least resistance does mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together."

Steve shook his head, "What are we giving up to do it? Sorry, Nat. I can't sign it."

"I know." Natasha nodded. "Well then. What are you doing here?" He asked. "I didn't want you to be alone. Come here." She pulled him into a hug, which he gratefully accepted.

—•—

An odd smell filled the compound later that morning as Nadia was sketching a drawing for Lila the next time she would babysit.

The teenager got out of bed and made her way to the kitchen where Vision was cooking. "Is that-"

"Paprikash. I was hoping it would lift both of your spirits." Vision replied. Wanda was standing next to him, tasting it. "Spirts lifted." Wanda nodded, a small smile forming on her face.

Nadia remembered when her mother used to make it, well sort of remembered. "Wanda, remember when Mama made this, and Pietro spilled it all over the floor?"

Wanda laughed at the memory. "It was everywhere, even in his hair." Nadia shook her head coming over. "Those were the good days."

Vision paused. "No one dislikes you Wanda, or you, Nadia."

"Thanks..." Wanda told him, while Nadia was tasting it. "That is not Paprika." She muttered.

"Oh, you're welcome. No. It's a... involuntary response in their amygdala they can't help but be afraid of you two." Vision told them.

"Are you?" Wanda asked, glancing up towards the machine. "My amygdala is synthetic, so..."

"I used to think of myself one way. But, after this. I am something else. And still me, I think. But... that's not what everyone else sees." She creates a red spark in her hand, her gaze settling on it. Nadia started at her feet.