Chapter 9

August POV

I don't know what happened in that bathroom with Zion and Keke, but for the rest of the time in the mall each and every one of those girls was glued to her. They were going in and out of every store in the mall spending all of my damn money, but I didn't have a problem because it was for my princesses and queen. My plan was just to spend an hour at the mall but with four girls I wasn't surprised at all to see that I had spent the whole day there. Instead of me taking Zion straight home we just went to my room and we were chilling.

"So what's up baby?" I asked Zion as her head was laying on my chest, her leg draped around my body and my arms holding her close not wanting to let her go.

"Nothing much."

"Girl tell me what's on your mind for real because all day you looked like you were contemplating about something very hard."

"It's Dominique." she said in a whisper

"What about her?" She looked liked she was really hesitating and thinking whether she should answer my question or not.

"Ok I really shouldn't be telling you this but it's just that I can't keep all this in and try to deal with my stuff too. You better not tell a soul or else I will rip your lips off your face." She took a quick deep breath. "That day when me and Shanti were in the park and we were heading back home we found Niq Niq cut and bruised up. When I asked her about it she said that some guy she was seeing had got mad and did that to her and until she gets all his money back he won't leave her alone." Her face was twisted into a look of pain.

"Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?" I asked

"Niq Niq didn't want me to tell anyone and I shouldn't have even told you about it. It's just that I trust that when I ask you not to tell anyone you won't."

"Baby that's why I don't want ya going to that park. A lot of bad things happen to innocent people there."

"She's okay; she's gonna be staying with me and my family until my mama finds a way to get her back with her mother."

"Who is this guy anyways?" I asked

"Before we went to sleep last night Dominique had told me all about him. She said that she should have known something was up with him when all the other girls who dated him were telling her not to go with him because he had a bad anger problem. She thought they were just some jealous bitches. She said he's very skinny; almost looks like the boy doesn't eat, and he has tattoos all over his body even some on his face. She didn't want to tell me his name no matter how hard I tried to convince her it was okay."

"Oh."

"Why you ask?" Zion asked

"No reason. Just curious, so the next time my boys and I see someone who fits that description we gonna whoop his ass. What kind of MAN puts his hands on any girl. That's crazy."

"No no no. August, promise me you wont do anything to whoever this boy is. I don't want you getting into any trouble." She said lifting her body from mine.

"I ain't gonna get in no trouble."

"August promise me." she said with a stern look on her face

"Alright ma. You have my word that I won't do anything to this sorry excuse of a nigga. I won't."

"To be honest August I'm scared." She said in a whisper

"Hell no. Come here baby." I said pulling her back down to my chest. "You ain't got no reason to be scared. You know that I will protect you from anything and I do mean anything. "