Chapter 8

August POV

After I saw Zion and Ashanti walk out the park and down the street I decided that my day was over for today. Even though it was early I was really tired. Just as I was about to get in my car I heard my name being called.

"What do you want D?" I said not even turning around because I'm really good recognizing peoples voices.

"Man how come you ain't tell no body that you had a girl?" I turned to see a skinny D with sweat all over his dark skin face that had dozens of tattoos. D was just someone that I knew around the way. I ain't never found him as someone I wanted to chill with like that. I heard a lot of stuff about this boy and I wasn't trying to get involved with him in any way.

"I didn't think it was anybody's business and what the fuck I look like running around saying I got a girl friend." I said

"You right but ain't that Damir and em little sister?" D asked

"Yeah so?"

"Nothin I just heard that they was beast at football and that they really protective when it comes to family."

"Mhmmmm"

"She real cute. I even tried to holler at her but once I found out she was yours I backed off her made quick dawg."

"Yeah just don't make that mistake again." I said

"Nah never that. You know I got mad respect for you especially after what went down."

"Are we done here because if you don't mind I would really like to go home." I said opening my car door and getting in the driver seat.

"Yeah, yeah I'll holler at you later." I didn't even say bye to that nigga. I just drove off because I didn't have time for all that I get really cranky when I'm tired. I planned on going right to sleep once I got home but that went right out the door when I saw the girls were home.

"Daddy?" Kai called me and I knew then that she wanted something because that's usually the only time she calls me daddy.

"Yes Kai."

"Can you take us to the mall tomorrow?"

"What ya want to go to the mall for?"

"I want to go to get some new shoes but I don't know about the other two." Kai said

"Alright I'll take ya."

"Yeah!!"" The other girls came around the corner jumping. They always send Kai to ask me something they want. They think the reason why I always saw yes to her is because she's the youngest but the truth is if any of them came to me to ask for something I would always give in.

"Can Zion come too?" Katy asked.

"Ugh!!" Keke groaned walking away.

"Yeah Zion can come." I said yelling loud enough so Keke could hear. "And Keke you better stop hating on my girl because she gonna be here for a long time and you just need to get over it. I'm going to sleep y'all leave me alone."

Zion POV

Once we got Dominique to my house and cleaned her up so now it was only some cuts here and there we had to think what we were going to do with her but we first had to find out who did this to her.

"Dominique are you going to tell us what happened to you?" Ashanti said for the tenth time and I could tell she was getting annoyed. Dominique stayed silent.

"You know what I can't take this anymore. Girl you are so ungrateful. We find you almost dead, bring you here and the least you can do is tell us who did this to you but it's alright because I'm not going to kill myself stressing over you." Ashanti said storming out the back door