Raven ranger

I moved somewhere new today, a nice little village, quite and peaceful, the name of this place... I'm not quite sure at the moment, no signs, no banners, nothing to give away the name, even my GPS couldn't pick this place up, one of my friends told me about this place. Since this was my first time being here I didn't really know anyone, I didn't know what's what. I parked my blue Honda Civic inside a conspicuous looking parking lot, there weren't to many cars here currently. When I got out of my car I left the car lot, to no avail I was greeted by a person, who looked to be wearing some strange ranger style clothing, he took my keys and hung them up for me then asked me to follow him. I did as he said, looking around at my new home, a quite, peaceful town, away from the cities and towns. The buildings looked like something out of old history books, something from the Roman age or around it. I didn't give them much attention as they weren't that on my mind right now.

I walked inside the building I was lead to and met someone who seemed for too cliché for words, old and wise, the typical village elder look to him. His left eye seemed to be made of glass and he had a nasty scar leading through it, I chose not to pry into is injury though. They were the old identifiable traits which made him stand apart from other village elders seen in games or films. He told me that, until a place can be sorted for me, I'd be staying in the inn... An inn. I thought he'd surely meant a hotel but as I was lead there, well not to be literal or anything but it really was an inn, I walked in and was given a room key right away, everything already, my bags already in my room, everything was set up... Like I had been expected. I looked outside and something caught my eye, a peculiar statue I hadn't noticed upon arrival, as if it had only just been erected. A statue of a bird... Of a raven.

I left my room and went to check up on the new strange statue and sure as hell, it was gone again, I looked all other town, then looked up at my room, on the ledge was, yet again, a raven. I started to get a weird vibe from this place but I didn't have the time to dig into it. I went back to my room and lay on my bed, looking at me window, nothing was there, but I felt something come over me, some strange feeling telling me to look outside the window. That's when I saw it again, the statue of the raven. I didn't want to look at it anymore but I-I couldn't look away. Something about that statue, something about it felt evil, like thousands of years of pent-up malice and hatred.

The next morning I awoke in my room, got dressed and looked outside of my room, the statue was still there. It was much clearer then before, with something written underneath it. I could barely see but from what I could read, it said 'Ravager neRe' in that exact way. I sketched the drawing and the words in exactly the same manner then left my room. While walking up to the elders home I was stopped by someone, she didn't look like the rest of the folks, she seemed to be an outsider like me. As she opened her mouth the words echoed through into my head 'The statue, I know you've seen it... Run from here.' Paralytic and cautious, boiling blood and sweat-drops, I couldn't think, my shaking figure was confused, the ominous statue, what is with it?

I finally made my way to the elders house, inside he was making tea, two cups for one person. "Sit down" He said... How does he know I was coming, how did the innkeeper know? "What is going on here?" I questioned. His confused face shown that he needed more to go on. "How did you know I was coming, what about the innkeeper?" I asked him. He gave me a straight answer, or at least I thought it was. "It's a small village Edward, of course we knew you'd come here, you had questions, we heard you car before you arrived." I sighed in relieve, then showed him the sketch of the statue. "Then what about this? Why can I only see it from my room? And what does Ravanger neRe mean? What about the name of this village?" I questioned, determined to figure out who and what was going on. "What do you mean, you can see it right now if you turn around."

With widen-eyes and fear pouring out of me I turned around as quick as I could to see it there, staring at me, taunting me, it's red eyes bearing down on my soul, like it was trying to devour me. "As for that words, that is the name of the town. Now I have work to do, please leave." He said. I managed to walk outside, but as soon as I left the statue was gone again, I decided to--- Wait! How did he know my name? I never one told anyone my name upon arrival. Something about this isn't right. I questioned every villager I could find and they all said the same thing, but one name kept popping up, and I know they didn't mean the bird by the way they phrased it, they kept mentioning Raven, like it was a person.