[insert a fitting title]

• • • ₪ • • •

The ravenette sat up in his bed. It never occurred to him that he even fell asleep. It felt like he simply closed his eyes for awhile, but still lie awake. A dream had projected itself in his mind—even though he still felt that he succumbed to his senses. Nor could he remember what the dream was about. He always found himself dreaming of nothing but darkness. How weird.

Izaya threw his blanket to the side, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed. He stretched, and a few joints had popped due to being stuck in the same position for however long, these actions being followed by a yawn. He looked to the side at a clock among his night stand. It read 5:06 PM. It wouldn't hurt to start his morning routine a little early. Izaya got up and headed over to his dresser, opening a few drawers here and there. He didn't plan on going out to mess with anyone verbally today—so he picked out a black sweater and dark blue sweatpants. He rid his body of last nights pajamas and replaced the bare skin with his outfit of choice.

Izaya then made his way out of his bedroom and into the hallway. He peeked around the corner to see if Namie was anywhere around, and gladly, she never seemed to arrive early. Izaya didn't mind one bit. It'd save him from her everyday bitchy-ness.

He contiued on his way, walking to he bathroom and closing the door behind him. He did his wee-wee business, washing his hands and then peering at himself in the mirror.
"You look so messy today, Orihara." Izaya chuckled at his own little remark. He had a huge bed head and bags were beginning to form underneath his eyes. Maybe he should stop pulling those all-nighters... But no—he wished to say awake. He didn't want to miss a single thing or detail among this life of his. He couldn't afford to.

Izaya washed his face and combed his messy hair shortly after, even taking the liberty to conceal the marks of sleep deprivation underneath his eyes. He didn't know why. I mean—he wasn't going to see anyone, nor was anyone besides Namie going to come over. He simply liked to look and feel fresh. He planned on taking a shower, but didn't feel like it. Once again, he didn't have to pretty himself up today.

Afterwards, Izaya finished up in the bathroom and scurried to the kitchen. He wasn't too hungry, so he simply began to prepare some coffee for himself. Nothing but the sounds of his actions were heard. It was very quiet. A bit lonely too. Izaya let out a sigh. What was he thinking. He wasn't lonely! He had humans surrounding him. Humans next door, humans downstairs, humans everywhere! He needn't to feel lonely at all. But... He wanted something else. What was it. Interaction? Or maybe just someone to keep him company, or simply someone to irritate. Maybe he was even wishing for Namie to hurry up and arrive.

Izaya was soon yanked out of his thoughts at the beeping of the coffee machine. He took the pot from it, grabbing himself a mug and pouring the bitter liquid into it. He sat one a stool underneath the countertop of the island. Now he could go back to condolencing himself because who else would? He was a bad person. He knew he was. All his innocence was stripped away from him as he'd gotten older. Reality had hit him like a train. But, he was a God, so he couldn't let something as pitiful as that hold him back from doing Godly things.

He took a long sip from his steaming coffee.

No, the Izaya Orihara wasn't weak like some typical human being. He could survive a trash can being thrown at him, or being thrown across the street into a brick wall. He wasn't weak at all... Physically, at least. His mental state is the weakest of all. He may seem cold, heartless and carefree for other's well beings, but no. He was really good at hiding, and hiding things. That's how he survived. He fed off of reactions from human beings. No, not the good kind. The kind that made someone want to kill you. Wipe your face off of the planet. That was how he lived and breathed. It was all hate aimed towards him.

And he found ways to love it.

• • • ₪ • • •

Zoinks. This is kinda short because I'm a lazy sack of doodoo. But yeah, don't worry, your favorite blond bitch will come into play in the next chapter. No, not Vorona. And tell me if I made some typos.