Before

"Newt!" I called out, running through the halls as they took him away. "Sarah! go back!" he shouted as 2 men in lab coats dragged him away by his arms. I ran towards them as they dragged him through the doors into a room where an operation table lay and a load of syringes with a green liquid inside.

"While she's here, we may as we'll take away her memories so she won't go running after him again.". Tears fell down my cheeks as the other man grabbed me. "Wait!" Newt called out. "Can't we at least say goodbye?" he said, his eyes teary. Looking at each other, as if having a secret conversation with their eyes, feeling sorry for us little kids, the one who suggested giving me amnesia said "we'll be outside the doors...you have two minutes."he said in a stern tone as him and his colleague walked out the room.

He looked at me for a moment before instantly getting up and engulfing me in a tight hug. I sobbed into his T-Shirt as he rubbed my back trying to comfort me. "Hey,hey!" he said in a soft voice. "I'm....iii-mmm gggoiiing to miiss you Issac." I said through my tears. "You called me my proper name." I looked up at him as he smiled with watery eyes. I was the only one who called him by his proper name, but I had been angry at him lately and hadn't called him his proper name for a long time.

"I don't know if I'll ever remember you." I said quietly into his shoulder. He was only about half a head taller than me. "We'll remember each other one day. We have time, we're only 14." he said trying to calm me. "But what if something happens to one of us?" I said. "I don't know, and I can't make promises I can't keep. But I know that WICKED can't stop us forever okay?" He said whilst looking in my eyes, tears staining his cheeks. I looked up at him and nodded, not having the strength to say anything else. We hugged for what felt like a millisecond, but must of been about half a minute before both scientists came in. I lay my stomach down on the surgical table and the silent man in a lab coat lifted up the bottom of my shirt, so that on the left bottom corner, just next to the small of my back, could be pierced by the syringe. I just stared at Newt, hoping to be able to grasp anything I could remember about him, and then everything went dark.

3rd person

"You nincompoop!" one man shouted.

"You did the memory loss at the same time as the other boys so I thought she was in group A!"

"The experiment has gone completely wrong now."

"But the box is on its way, we can't stop it now."

"No, we can't" the man sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "But we'll have to alter the experiment a little. Send another boy into the box with Group B" he decided.

He then turned back to the screen, and watched the 10 children travel upwards in the box.

I got the idea from delirious_bookworm's and gamesofgods fanfic, but altered it for my own book. Please do not hate me for copying/borrowing(call it what you want) their ideas, this does not mean I will be doing it with other chapters and other authors, I am making this book purely my own and taking it in the direction I wish. Thanks for reading and hopefully not hating me for getting the idea from theIr Prologues but I hope you'll stick around for the rest of the book which is going to be original

Thanks a lot - Me x