"Fine. May you send me a picture? Is that better?" he asked. 

I pursed my lips as I thought. Hmm... Should I? Biting my bottom lip, I replied. "S-sorry, I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because my mother once told me that if I ever meet a stranger who lives across the country, then never send them a picture."

"Pleasseeeeee?" he begged.

I sighed in defeat, not wanting to hear an eighteen year-old boy plead. "Sure. Uh, hold on a sec."

"Okay."

I walked through the small door that led into my poor excuse of an awesome bathroom, phone in hand. Right now my hair was tied up into an over-sized bun on the top of my head with loose strands hanging out. 

I should probably do something with this. I undid the hair tie, letting my long hair drop past my shoulders freely. I put my phone on speaker and began raking my fingers through my hair, trying to make it presentable. 

My face looked tired and my eyes had a hint of red in them. "I hate you, Jake," I muttered as I turned on the sink's tap. 

"What was that?" Jake's muffled voice said through the speaker. 

"Shh! You're going to wake my parents! You're on speaker, you know."

"Sorry... Well you're the one who put me on speaker!"

"Oh yeah, ha, sorry bout that." I turned the speaker off, and began splashing the cool water on my face. 

Once I looked decent,  I took my phone and went to the camera. 

Because Jake's making me waste the little time I had to do my homework, I didn't smile in the picture. He doesn't deserve it. 

Hearing Jake's muffled voice come from my phone, I held it up to my ear.

"Can you repeat that?"

"I asked if you just took the picture."

"Yes, but I didn't smile for you. I'm sending it now." I pulled my phone away from my face and pressed the send button. 

"I just got it," he replied. 

"Good to know."

There was silence for a while, but I didn't want to break it. Too bad, I did. "Jake?"

"Sorry, I was j-just looking at the picture," he stated.

"....And?"

"I think you're h—"

"Jake, you can't just say that!" I heard a female's voice say in the background.

"Who's that?" I asked. It must've been the person who I heard giggle earlier.

"That is Lily. Don't mind her, she's acting really odd and mean right now. When I asked her why, she said 'It's 'That time of the month. Mother nature calls me.' or something like that. I don't know."

I almost laughed really hard. Ah, Jake... "So what were you saying about the picture?"

"I said I think you're h—"

"Jake!" Lily squealed again. 

"I mean pretty. Yeah, I think you're pretty."

"Thanks, I guess." A sudden thought popped up in my mind. A good one, at that. "Jake?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to send me a picture of you...?" I drawled. 

"No, beacause my beautiful face might be too much for you to handle."

"Sorry, Alex. Jake here has too much of an ego," Lily implied in the background.

She knows my name? Does that mean Jake told her about me? I suddenly felt terrible for not telling Danielle yet. It's been almost two weeks, and I bet Jake told Lily the first day he met me. 

I'm a terrible friend. It's official now. 

"I do not!" Jake protested.

"Yes, you do."

"Jake, I have to agree with Lily here," I said, inturrupting their bickering.

"You can't double team on me!" Jake practically yelled in the phone.

"Ah, Jake I hope you know you may have just deafened me.... And Alex," Lily added.

"Good."

"So about that picture...?" I reminded him.

"No, I'm not sending you one," he said flatly.

"Why not--"

"Do you have a Skype account?" 

"...Yes?" I replied. Where's he going with this?

"Do you want to Skype?" 

Hey! I really need to stop doing these annoying author's notes. I'll try lol. Okay, I'll get to the point now: This was chapter six of "How I Met You". First person to comment gets a dedication xD  Mkay. Bye!!

          ~Storylover11~