"Why are you here?" Rose cut him off; her words were light and delivered with the smile the Doctor enjoyed seeing so much.

"What do you mean?"

"In my bed, not exactly something you do every night," Rose emphasised the last part. Sure, her and the Doctor had shared beds before, mostly on adventures but sometimes they would end up entwined in each other's embrace on the TARDIS.

"Well..." the Doctor trailed off, "I was lonely, I guess."

"You? Lonely? I bet you ten quid that the couch is highly offended!" Rose giggled which sent the Doctor into light laughter.

Without thinking, the Doctor naturally adjusted the duvet so he was under the pink warmth, "What, sleeping on a couch isn't exactly my thing, didn't want to insult Jackie by going back to the TARDIS though."

"Oh come here you," Rose stopped him in his tracks and reached out to the Doctor, pulling him into a tight hug. "You could've just said you wanted a cuddle."

"True," the Doctor adjusted their positioning so his arms were wound around her waist and head leant against her own, "I just didn't want to seem desperate."

"Like I would care," Rose laughed into the Doctor's chest as she curled herself against the Doctor's torso, face buried into his white sleep shirt and legs entwining with his. The gentle thrum of his double heartbeat suddenly caused sleep to wash over her, dragging her back into the deep recesses of dreaming.

"You're getting sleepy again, aren't you?" the Doctor whispered as her eyes grew heavy.

"Yeah, you're better than a sleeping pill," Rose mused, words saturated with grogginess.

"Goodnight Rose," the Doctor placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, "Sweet dreams."

"You too Doctor," Rose mumbled; kissing his chest in response before sleep lulled her into peaceful slumber.

Beside her the Doctor closed his eyes, sleep slowly overcame him. His people needed little rest but whenever he had Rose in his arms, the Doctor not only felt obliged but he felt that slumber was appropriate and because a little excess shut eye never did anyone harm, the Doctor, just like his companion, slowly let the influences of sleep overcome him.

— • —

It wasn't the warm welcome of sunlight that roused the two of them from sleep several hours later, instead it was Jackie's harsh voice ripping them awake, "Oi you two!  Whotcha think you're up to huh? I told you Doctor, stay on the couch!"

"Good morning to you too Jackie," the Doctor mumbled; eyes refusing to open in a vain attempt to block the woman out. He mentally added Jackie to the list of reasons to why Sundays were avoided.

"Don't you good morning me mister," Jackie's voice warned, "That's my daughter you've got there. Touch her and I'll kick ya to Mars."

"Like to see ya try," the Doctor retorted, eyes still firmly shut as he heard Jackie grumble before plodding away from them.

"She's just overprotective," beside him, Rose mumbled and the Doctor's eyes cracked open to see her looking straight at him. Her blonde hair was in a glorious knotted halo around her head and signature smile stretched from cheek to cheek.

"Good morning," the Doctor smiled at her, he had an arm draped over Rose's waist and quickly he tightened his grip, pulling her flush against him.

"Morning, how did you sleep?" Rose's mouth was so close to the Doctor's neck and temptation danced in front of her but she kept herself somewhat restrained. Snuggling with the Doctor was enough.