TWELVE

ONESHOT TWELVE
❝Five Reasons To Like Sundays & One Reason To Hate It❞

[Ten x Rose]

— • —

Moonlight pooled in the room, pale light danced on pink sheets and reverberated on equally pink walls. Unlike how she left it, Rose's room was in a neat state, clothes kept hidden in her wardrobe and floor - a dull purple - was clear of mess.  It was the Doctor's idea for them to spend a weekend back in Rose's time, allowing them to catch up with Jackie and lavish her with presents from faraway lands.  Being back at home allowed Rose to feel comfort she hadn't had since running away on the TARDIS and it allowed the Doctor to finally experience domesticity - something he had never truly experienced.

It was very late at night - or really early in the morning, depending on your preferences - and the Doctor was wide awake, lean body splayed out along the couch as he counted fine lines that creased the ceiling. It was a Sunday and the Doctor wasn't particularly happy, he hadn't experienced an 'oh so boring' Sunday in centuries and now his streak was broken and there was no way to escape it.

The Tyler's couch was far from comfortable on the Doctor's back. He wasn't used to being forced to sleep when everyone else did, especially when his unconventional bed that was the couch came into the equation. His restless time lord brain whirred, keeping him awake and his sunlight haired companion was in the same situation. Her bed was not as inviting as the one on the TARDIS, she tossed and turned, unaccustomed to moonlight illuminating her room. Her hand reached out to grasp nothing and even though that was the usual situation it made her feel extraordinarily lonely. Sleep shook from her mind, dissipating into the lull of consciousness as Rose tossed and turned, her body yearned to be asleep in her bed on the TARDIS, the place that these days felt so much more like home than the flat she had spent her life in.

It was if from the lounge room that the Doctor could sense Rose Tyler's mind come alive as consciousness coursed through her. His limbs, sore for being so still worked their way off the couch and carried him down the hall to Rose's room. He missed her smile whenever she as asleep, the way her tongue rested between her teeth and hazel eyes lit up in perfect harmony to a just as perfect smile, he always missed that the most when she was away from him. Pushing the door open slowly, the Doctor entered Rose's overly pink room. Even in the faded shades of night he could make out the colours that saturated every aspect of her room. What the Doctor wasn't expecting when sneaking in was to be confronted by an equally wide awake Rose Tyler. Her hair was splashed by moonlight, painting her shoulder length locks pale silver. Hazel eyes sparkled and although she was wide awake, sleep still clung to her features, not ready to let go of her just yet.

"Doctor?" she asked with a half yawn.

"You're awake?" he couldn't help but sound surprised. Rose was one of those humans who relished sleep and was least likely to join him in his nightly sleepless wanders.

"Couldn't sleep, just doesn't feel right here, ya know?" full sentences struggled to escape Rose but the Doctor knew what she meant.

"Yeah," he understood her restlessness; Jackie's flat just wasn't home for him and seemed to be a home from an ever fading dream for Rose. Without speaking, the Doctor placed himself next to Rose on her bed, lying down on top of the pink duvet, relishing the feeling of being able to stretch his limbs with ease, unlike his time spent on the couch. "You know Rose," the Doctor began when he was comfortable and Rose had settled beside him, arm propped on her pillow so she could see his face, "I haven't lived a Sunday in centuries - well I guess if you don't count Christmas this year. I don't count it because it was a holiday, not boring at all and—"