The Past- 5

+Remi's POV+

-6 months later-

"Baby, wake up." Ashai pulled on my arm. "Yes babe? Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah, can you hold me and let me do this one last thing?" He smiles. I knew what he meant, he knew it was his time to leave me. "Yes." I grab him and pull him close to me. " You are gonna need to learn how to live without me, and you know I love you so much." Ashai panted and tightened his arms. I looked him in his eyes and kissed him. Our last kiss we would ever have. After an hour or so, he died in my arms in our bed at 11:30 on June 17th, my birthday.

Proof became my shoulder I cried on and I put all my attention on. I still worked, she also came everywhere with me too. My boss understood because his wife does of cancer and he actually took her sweater everywhere with him before he moved on to his new wife. I was searching for a new place for me and Proof to live. After a year, I started to date again. Most guys I got with were assholes and loved to abuse me.

Proof was still around, and still went everywhere with me too. Every night ended with me laying down with a bag of ice on my eye and Proof's head on my stomach.

Every morning I would put concealer on to cover up the bruises and cuts. My job was amazing, I loved being a interior designer for anything really. "Hey Remi, you have a job, it's at the new apartments and they need help for the whole theme. Maybe you can get a cheaper place." My boss informs me and leaves.

I pack up and grab Proofs harness to wake her up. We get into the car and we drive to the apartment's. I walk in and I'm greeted with the smell of bleach and other cleaners. "Hi! You must me Remi, the interior designer?" A lady comes and shakes me hand. "Yes thats me, and this is Proof." I nodded to Proof who was scratching her back on the floor. "Nice to meet you both, I'm Linda." She showed my how the rooms were placed.

Linda showed me a few ideas on the designs she liked, so I based my work off that. After three hours, I had a layout of the room designs and the lobby's design. Linda loved them and sent me shopping with a butt-load of money. Soon enough the apartments were done and I asked if I could move into one, Linda gladly agreed and I live on the top floor.