The Past- 3

(Four years later)
-Remi's POV-

Ashai and i decided to move back to America after we finished college. We both were madly in love, and eventually we talked about marriage and having a family.  Most people where we lived hated us. Whenever we would walk by there would be old ladies holding crosses and mumbling prayers. Ashai ignored it for the most part and I tended to get hotheaded and be upset.

Right now we were dog shopping as I liked to call it. We were going from adoption center to adoption center looking for the "perfect" dog. The last one we stopped by was called "Second chances for pitties."

"What are pitties?" Ashai asks me, "their pitbulls, most people hate them because they are "vicious" and "attackers", but they are really sweet, you just have to have patience with them." I explained. "I want one." He smiled, so we went in and looked at the dogs. We met one, her name was Proof, and she was blind and deaf from being a bait dog. "This one, can we get this one?" Ashai asks me. "Yes, i love her already." I smiled and we brought Proof home that night.

We took a bath together, and then we laid down with Proof at the end of the bed. When I woke up, all I heard was wretching. I got up and ran to the bathroom, "Hey are you okay?!" I grab a washrag and wet it. I feel Ashai's face and it's burning hot. I look into the toliet to see stomach acid. "Babe, my stomach hurts." Ashai groaned and layedd his head in the crook of my neck. "It's okay, do you wanna go to the doctors?" I set the rag on the back of his neck.

"Yeah, I feel like I can't lay down." He groans, I help him up and walk to our front door and to the car. I then went and got Proof, so I could have a distraction. I drove off and eventually we got to the hospital, I brought him and Proof in, "Sir, your dog-"

"She's me service dog, look he needs help, he's puking stomach acid and has a bad fever." I explained and she got Ashai and took him to the back.