The Past- 2

+Remi's POV+

Eventually Ashai and i started dating, and of course no one knew about us. I wanted to be out, but he didn't so I'm going to respect him. I didnt really put any input on why I moved here, to Japan. So here you go... My mom is an animation artist and a really popular company wanted her to move and work at headquarters, so she accepted it; my dad isn't in the picture he left us when my mom was pregnant with me, and we haven't heard from him since.

Back to school!

I rounded the corner of the hall to go into the gym, and I heard laughter from the boys locker room. I slowly opened the door to see Ashai against the wall, bloody and bruised. "Let go of him!" I yelled and the boys dropped him and turned. "Well we'll, transfer thinks he is big and bad. Get out of here or you'll end up like him." The middle boy smirked and took a step forward. "What the hell do you think your gonna do to me?" I ask take a step. Soon enough the guys were in the ground, bloody and i had a bloody nose and a split lip. I walked over to Ashai. "Hey, your okay." I picked him up and brought him to the office and explained everything to the principal.

The principal sent me and Ashai to the hospital to get checked out, while he dealed with the boys. My mom came to the hospital along with Ashai's parents. I was in the clear, but Ashai wasn't. He had two fractured ribs and his wrist was broke. He was awake, but he didn't want to talk to anyone. "Remi, can you tell me what happened to our son?" Ashai's mom comes and sits by me, with her hand on my knee. I explained everything to her and to everyone else. His mom leaned close to me, "Thank you for taking care of my son, you are a good boyfriend."

My eyes widened, "How? How did you know?". She smiled, "I see it in the way you to look at each other. He loves you, and I know you love him."

"Ashai Yagi?" A nurse calls out his name, we all get up and go to her. "He wants to see Remi." She smiled, and I took a step forward, "follow me." She turned and started to walk. I followed her till we got to Ashai's room. I walked in, "Hey love." I sat and grabbed his hand. He smiled, "Hey. You told me that you wouldn't let anyone hurt me, and you did just that."

I squeezed his hand, "I did. I keep my promises, especially to the people I love.". His smile widened, "Remi, I love you and I don't think I can live without you.". I rubbed my thumb in circles on his palm, "i love you too, and I will never live without you.". We sat like that until his parents and my mom came in, I went to pull my hand back, but he wouldn't let go. I knew what he wanted, so I stayed holding his hand. "Hey boys, so the one who did this is going to jail and y'all have time from school to heal." His dad looked at out hands and smiled.